Beiträge von KaeptnBlaubaer

chente - I've made my peace with this. Suppressing my 'completist/perfectionist' tendencies after having discovered the dangers of a misplaced space in the command line instruction to delete a folder, I'm good.

The drive will get formatted at some stage in the future and the problem will be gone. In the meanwhile, if I don't look, it's not really there ;) .

Appreciate your help.

I will do the same. The folders that I don´t need are empty and the risk seems to be to high for deleting empty folders.

I have nearly the same question. I had some folders that I do not need anymore. I delet them from SMB Service and I delete them from disk - shared folders. But physically the folders are still exist at the HDD drive.

How can delete them in a safe way? To be honest I do not have any experience in using the command line. I know how to connect ssh via putty but I do not know which commands I have to use to delete the folders that I doesn´t need anymore.

Thank you for your help, now it works.

I go to storage - shared folders - create

There I choosed the file system and searched at the relative path and choosed the right one. Gave the folder the same name and clickes on save.

After that I go to services - SMB - shares - create.

I am pretty sure for you was these steps 100% clear, for me not. Maybe our discussion can help someone else.

Hello everyone, I have the same question but nowbody gives here a feedback if it has worked by him.

I will only move my data HDD from RPi3 with OMV6 to an HP T630 with OMV7. At both systems the OS is running outside from the HDD, the HDD is only for storing Data.

What s the right way to do this?

- Shut down the RPI3, plug of the USB HDD, plug in the USB HDD at the HP T630, start the new system?

Or have I to do some else before? Thinks like onmount the HDD at the RPi3 before I plug off it?

Thanks for your help. I will not lose my data.

Thank you for your response and I will try this. For me is not clear why it worked at my first installation of OMV6 on the same hardware. But to be onest I must not understand, hopefully I can get it run.

Update 1: With the plugin I can create shared folders, thank you for that. Now I will try all the other things again.

Update 2: I have to say thank you again, now everything run like I want. Now I can read more about programming in home assitant.

Hello guys, I need your help in case of my unknowledge. First let me explain what I want to do.

At the end I like to have the following configuration.

HP t630 Thin Client with OMV7, Docker, Portainer, HomeAssistant, HACS and integrate the APsystems EZ1 API in HomeAssistant.

I already installed all this things under OMV6 but I had problems to with the APsystems EZ1 API in HomeAssistant. I din´t found a solution so I tried to re-install several things but I got more and more problems in case of my unknowledge.

Now I start to make a clean install with OMV7 but after the installation I can not choose a file system. All the things should run on the internal ssd and at OMV6 ist worked but now nothing is possible.

I can´t create or mount a file system and also not create folders but there is no file system available.

Can anyone help me with all this problems?

Yes, I labeled the HDD "Datensicherung"

To be honest, I am noch experienced in this things. The folder "TVAufzeichnungenKodi" is at the moment available at smb from my WIN10 PC, but I have to use a username and password. Could be username and passwort the problem for the recordings? But the USB HDD is connected directly to the RPi3 and for my understanding there is no password needed, only for connections wire SMB.

Depends on your setup:

- Do you use a TVH docker container or is it installed natively on your OMV?

- Have you created a shared folder for your recordings?

- If you use docker, how are folders mapped?

- What are the Filesystem settings in the TVH Web-interface (c.f. Configuration -> Recording -> Digital Video Recorder Profiles: right hand side)?

- I have installed it natively

- I create a folder under access rights management -> shared folders

At privilegs I gave write and read rights for all. I add this folder under SMB/CIFS -> shares

( I don´t know if it is the right way)

- I tested several variants under recording system path but nothing works. For example: /dev/sda/TVAufnahmenKodi

Is there a special way to mount the HDD for TVH? But the HDD works fine at OMV.

Hello guys,

I have again a question about OMV and TV headend on my RPi3.

My OMV and my TV headend works fine, but I can´t record the tv programm on my externel USB HDD. I use the HDD under OMV for backups from my mobile phones and my notebook. Now I create an additional folder for recordings from TV headend, but it dind´t record. I´m not sure if I set the right permissons and I didn´t know which is the right record path that I have to implement in TV headend. I hope my discription is understandable and I hope anyone can help me.

Thank´s

You set the spindown time using the WD setup software. It seems there is some management software that can be downloaded from WD. Try that. Check the WD support pages for the drive to find the downloads, I assume?

Naturally you also need to ensure nothing use the drive for it to spin down. No media streamer software updating the database or scheduled SMART tests.

It may shorten the life of the drive to spin it up/down often.

I checked the WD setup software and with this it is possible to set a sleep time. Now I disabled the sleeptimer from the HDD and HD-IDLE seems to work pretty well. But now I am not sure which option is better, to spin down the HDD with HD-IDLE or should I use WD internal sleep timer. For me work both very well and I don´t know if there is one option better for the system.

You set the spindown time using the WD setup software. It seems there is some management software that can be downloaded from WD. Try that. Check the WD support pages for the drive to find the downloads, I assume?

Naturally you also need to ensure nothing use the drive for it to spin down. No media streamer software updating the database or scheduled SMART tests.

It may shorten the life of the drive to spin it up/down often.

Thank you for your response. I only set the spin down time in HD-IDLE, I will try the WD software. I hope that it works with windows in combination with the EXT4 formatted HDD.

I know that spin up and spin down will shorten the lifetime but at the moment will only spin up and down once a day. In future I will extend it to once or twice a week. The working time for the HDD is only a couple of minutes a day.

I think I found out that the HDD spin down but they wake up frequently. After I read some more threads I found these two commands in this thread.

Bash
    sudo systemctl disable smartd.service
    sudo service smartd stop

I don´t know how and why but for the moment it seems to work. Only one little thing, I thought that I set the spin down time after 10 minutes but it seems to be after 20 minutes, but thot is no big issue for me if the rest works fine.

Hello guys,

sorry for my bad english, but I hope you understand my problem. My native language is german, if anybody could give me a hint in german it would also be nice.

Now to my problem. I installed OMV 5.2.2-1 on my raspberry pi3 and in combination with that I use a Western Digital 3TB My Book USB HDD as storage. The NAS should only store once a day pictures and videos from my wives and my own smartphone, so that the working time for the HDD is only a couple of minutes a day. After that the HDD should spin down or go to standy. For this reason I installed HD-Idle and configured it as good as I understood the online manuals. Now is my problem that the HDD sometimes go to sleep but after a while they wake up without any reason. Normally they should go to sleep after 30 minutes but sometimes it needs much more time. I have installed all these things sice two days and will observe it the next days but have anybody a hint how could I find out why the system wake up and how can I check if HD-Idle work correct?

Thanky in advance.