Beiträge von SusDa12

The the issue is the password, for me to get those errors I have entered rubbish as the password, but I have a user set up for me and I have just added myself to the ssh group and I can login with my user name, I can even change my password and I can ssh in.

Yeah I get that. But as I already wrote earlier, I have also tried creating a new user and added it to the ssh group. I am 100% sure about the password for this user. But still I cant log in.

OK same as me then, so do ssh root@<hostname> or <ip address> of OMV then you get the password prompt, type in the wrong password and you get Permission denied, please try again. Do that three times and you get Permission denied (publickey, password)

Yes. I get that?

OK you could delete the key, save the file which will then be empty, when you ssh into omv you'll be asked to save the key, answer yes and it will save the key, if that fails and all the other options are set and running it must be password related. Then create a new user and add them to the ssh group and try that user.

Hi. I already did both. I have created a new user and added it to the ssh group but I still cant log in. And this time I am pretty sure about the password.

Not sure about Ubuntu but on W10 the key is stored under File Explorer > View ensure that Hidden items is checked, then go to C:\Users\<your user name>\.ssh (the . defines a hidden folder) open that folder then open the file known_hosts that is where the keys are stored.

Your error can occur if a key is stored in that file from another machine that previously used that address, so basically you delete the previous key.

But check Aux suggestion first.

Hi. There is only one key stored in that file and its from the address of omv.

Well, you can get an idea if sshd is running or not by telnetting to its port from another machine.

telnet omv-ip-address 22

Code
    fred@telescope ~ $ telnet 192.168.1.51 22
    Trying 192.168.1.51...
    Connected to 192.168.1.51.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_7.9p1 Debian-10+deb10u2

I tried telentting to its port. I get the same result as you.

SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_7.9p1 Debian-10+deb10u2

post output of "service sshd status"

mine is:

I hope it doesnt turn into a rookie question. But I have to log in first to get the service sshd status?

Yes the password authentication is enabled.

It's just access denied or permission denied. Sometimes I get permission denied(public key, password).

Hi Guys,

I am new to OMW. I have installed OMV to a newly build pc. Everything worked fine till now. I tried logging into the sytem using ssh. But my root password is getting denied. I am certain that the password is correct as i installed the system yesterday und wrote down the password. I have checked that the ssh as enabled in the web interface. I tried creating a new user into sudo und ssh group. Even this user gets denied. This time I am really certain that the password is correct.

I just get dont it. My passwords are correct and the ssh is enabled. Root login is also enabled.

Thanks in advance