Beiträge von lightlike

Update

I do not know for OP but it seems that for me there were some transactions that were not properly closed on last shutdown.

I got this message after I imported the DB-Files into the official mariaDB docker image.

The fix was to start mysqld with the argument

Code
    --tc-heuristic-recover=ROLLBACK

After that everything got fixed and I could finally start to use everything again.

SOLVED

Seems that there were some transactions that were not properly closed on last shutdown.

I got this message after I imported the DB-Files into the official mariaDB docker image.

The fix was to start mysqld with the argument

Code
    --tc-heuristic-recover=ROLLBACK

After that everything got fixed and I could finally start to use everything again.

Should I report this to linuxserver/mariadb? As this seems to be a Problem with only their docker.
    The official mariadb docker seems to work fine. (At least I did not get any errors yet)

I will be trying to switch to that if I have the time during the weekend.

Update

When creating a completely new docker with the same docker run command i get this error.

Code
    2020-08-20 12:34:30 0 [ERROR] mysqld: Can't create/write to file '/tmp/mysql-first-time.sql' (Errcode: 13 "Permission denied")
    2020-08-20 12:34:30 0 [ERROR] Aborting

The Docker folder and config/appdata directory is on a share. (raid with mirror)

Did the last update maybe set some rights like the noexec that causes problems with plex and openvpn-as?

I really need this server back up, as I and some of my family use the server regularely.

Some Update between the 10.08.20 and the 16.08.2020 breaks linuxserver/mariadb

I restart my server every Tuesday morning and after last restart MariaDB stoppt working.

The only things I did during that time was update omv and add/remove some nextcloud apps (running with this DB).

Nextcloud should not be the problem as it only uses the DB.

Anyone got any ideas, wat could cause this.

MariaDB output (Last two lines are looped infinitely):

Relevant Update History

I do not know if this is the same case whith jaytee1414 but my log say the same thing and loop the last 2 lines

Code
    200818 17:07:26 mysqld_safe Logging to syslog.
    200818 17:07:26 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /config/databases

about every 5 seconds.

This happend after my default weekly server restart last night. Everything worked fine before that.

System: x86_x64

OMV-Version: 5.5.8-1

MariaDB from Linuxserver.io (Docker)

Code
    {
        "response": null,
        "error": {
            "code": 0,
            "message": "Failed to execute command 'export PATH=\/bin:\/sbin:\/usr\/bin:\/usr\/sbin:\/usr\/local\/bin:\/usr\/local\/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; hostname --fqdn 2>&1' with exit code '1': hostname: Name or service not known",
            "trace": "OMV\\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=\/bin:\/sbin:\/usr\/bin:\/usr\/sbin:\/usr\/local\/bin:\/usr\/local\/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; hostname --fqdn 2>&1' with exit code '1': hostname: Name or service not known in \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/system\/process.inc:182\nStack trace:\n#0 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/system\/net\/dns.inc(60): OMV\\System\\Process->execute(Array)\n#1 \/usr\/share\/openmediavault\/engined\/rpc\/system.inc(349): OMV\\System\\Net\\Dns::getFqdn()\n#2 [internal function]: Engined\\Rpc\\System->getInformation(NULL, Array)\n#3 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc\/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#4 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc\/rpc.inc(86): OMV\\Rpc\\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getInformation', NULL, Array)\n#5 \/usr\/sbin\/omv-engined(537): OMV\\Rpc\\Rpc::call('System', 'getInformation', NULL, Array, 1)\n#6 {main}"
        }
    }

Every time I try to connect to OMV Web Panel and go either to Dashboard or System Information, nothing happens (Dashboard on first load opens but has no system information).

Web console errors are:

Code
    Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)

and

I just reinsalled OMV 5 completely and am currently trying to restart all my dockers. They all seem to be running but none of them seem have any connection to the internet.

I already tried nslookup and ping inside and outside the containers and that both works (after removing mdns4 from /etc/nsswitch.conf)

/etc/resolv.conf is the same as the Host machine (except for custom bridge networks)

Everything runs almost like normal but:

- Nextcloud cannot check für Updates and call the App Store

- Plex cannot get any Metadata

- Minecraft cannot Authenticate any user

Anybody have any idea how to solve this?

Update: It worked!!!!

gderf The USB came out ok.

macom Thanks for the RAM-Tip. That worked wonders. That would have taken me a week or more and I still would not have been all the wiser.

For anybody coming here having the same Problem:

- I scaled the RAM back down below 16 GB

- I fixed the USB using gparted via a Linux VM (here for more info)

gderf The USB worked until this morning I just hat to reinstall it bekause I borked something. But I will check that either way.

macom I have 16 GB RAM I switched after the Installation so that is probably the Problem. Good thing that I still have the old RAM so i will try that.

Edit: Tried to get back to the installation but there is still the Partitioning Problem. Anybody have any ideas?

Unable to install OMV 5 of any kind on Server that already hat OMV installed.

Hardware:

HP Proliant Microserver Gen8

Install Medium: 16 GB SanDisk USB

Trying to install on USB always shows Error at exactly 28% during install.

Message says something like: "A part of the installation failed. Failed: System install" (see below)

Tried with and without Ethernet, with CD and USB and tried every amd64 version on Sourceforge.

The system had some problems with the install last time but I got it running eventually (after more than 20 tries excluding failed installations).

I firstly tried this with an exactly identical USB-Drive but that one did not work (partition error) and no solution I found (diskpart/gparted) worked in any shape or form.

And now I tried cleaning the USB and now I get the partition error on both USB's.

Anybody have a solution for any of those problems?