Posts by Noter2017

Hi,

So I'm looking to build a OMV server on my Pi 4, but during the process of loading Rasp OS on my SD card, my SD Card reader died :( and unfortunately there is no where local i can go to pick one up. Is there away i can burn OMV on to a USB as that is what i was going to do anyway (Rasp OS > SD Card > USB Drive > Install OMV). Only asking as i cant seem to find the answer for this anywhere so I'm assuming its not possible.

Hope that makes sense

Seems to be possible:

https://www.tomshardware.com/h…spberry-pi-4-usb?&ampcf=1

If something is illegal in your country, you probably shouldn't be doing it.

I used to live in Germany where download of files is tolerated but upload is illegal.

Using Torrents (where upload is mandatory) would get you a huge fine. Using Usenet, one-click-hosters (like Mega) or downloading from a website is never punished.

Telling us where you actually live could bring some clarification

About YT Premium - would it be working on current account (I am in Google One right now), or I need a new account (created using India VPN or so?)?

You need to create a new account using a VPN. The VPN is only necessary for creating the account and subscribing.

After that you can use the account on all of your devices without a VPN:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/dea…ly-2month-via-vpn-3449298

With these settings, in YouTube:

- on my PC with Chrome web browser ads during playing videos on are still displayed,

- the same for my LG B8 TV with webOS system (it has dedicated app),

- and the same for all configured phones (also dedicated apps)

Blocking YouTube ads isn't possible with Adguard (or any other adblocking solution).

To get rid of ads you need a "special" version of YouTube like Vanced but that only works on Android devices.

Or buy a cheap YouTube Premium subscription in India. It will cost you less than 2 dollars a month and you will get YouTube Music on top.

OK, again.. that is irrelevant and has nothing to do with whether software is Alpha, Beta, etc. I've tested it quite a bit and like it a lot... but that doesn't mean it's stable... especially when the underlying OS isn't even stable yet

All true.

I just wanted to share a success story. In my case OMV 6 works just as stable as OMV 5.

Just because it "works for you", has nothing to do with why it is marked Alpha.

It seems to be working pretty pretty good for many people. Only major complaints I saw on the forum were about FTP but that was fixed.

I had a spare NUC lying around, installed OMV 6 and I couldn't be happier with it.

hello. is it also to get in OMV to see the maps like in synology?

i am looking for it but can not find it?

I run CloudCMD on my OMV server. Looks pretty decent and is very easy to set up

You can find the Docker here:

https://hub.docker.com/r/coderaiser/cloudcmd/

I also use Tailscale to access my OMV when away from home and combined with CloudCMD, I have access to all files saved on my server. Comes in handy when I need a file saved on my computer, even when the computer is turned off and I'm away.

Code
    volumes:
    - /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Config/Config/qbittorrent:/config
    - /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Downloads/Downloads:/downloads

Are you sure about that?

The config folder is on a drive named Config and the downloads folder is on a drive named Downloads?

Hello.

I've been using and enjoying OMV for a couple of weeks now. Thanks to Techno Dad Life and DB Tech I also got some dockers up and running.

Today I stumbled upon a problem with TVHeadend which I cannnot solve.

I've got TVHeadend 4.2 running and completed the Start wizard. TVHeadend finds all the muxes in my region but cannot find any services. Previously I have been using an old Android box running Coreelec with the TVHeadend addon, so I know that my antenna and all the settings are fine.

It must be a firmware or driver problem with OMV or the docker image.

This is the output of TVHeadend log when scanning a mux

Code
    2020-06-29 14:37:33.381 mpegts: 546MHz in DVB-T Network - tuning on Silicon Labs Si2168 #1 : DVB-T #0
    2020-06-29 14:37:33.381 subscription: 0001: "scan" subscribing to mux "546MHz", weight: 6, adapter: "Silicon Labs Si2168 #1 : DVB-T #0", network: "DVB-T Network", service: "Raw PID Subscription"
    2020-06-29 14:37:37.402 linuxdvb: Unable to provide signal strength value.
    2020-06-29 14:37:37.402 linuxdvb: Unable to provide BER value.
    2020-06-29 14:37:37.402 linuxdvb: Unable to provide SNR value.
    2020-06-29 14:37:37.402 linuxdvb: Unable to provide UNC value.
    2020-06-29 14:37:38.381 mpegts: 546MHz in DVB-T Network - scan no data, failed
    2020-06-29 14:37:38.381 subscription: 0001: "scan" unsubscribing

This is the output of dmesg

Any ideas?