Beiträge von Christicles

Update: So I went over everything again and checked my Motherboard bios which was quite a bit out of date. I updated to the the most recent stable release. I also did another complete reinstall of OMV this time using GPart to completely wipe the OS drive before installing. After doing all this I plugged in all 5 HDD's and they all showed up in OMV, but only the one time. Doing updates installing plugins I have had to restart the server and now I only have the original 3 drives showing in OMV. Neither of the other 2 drives shows up in OMV when they are plugged in and I'm now getting constant mpt3sas errors in the logs. Most recent boot log is attached.

Check in your boot log and see if you have any errors like this. The bad card I had caused a lot of these to appear.

Code
    mpt2sas_cm0: handle(0x0009), ioc_status(0x0022) failure at
    drivers/scsi/mpt3sas/mpt3sas_transport.c:167/_transport_set_identify()!

Not seeing anything in the logs like this. I've attached the boot.log from this morning, with 3 HDD attached to the card. There is also a boot drive ssd which has omv installed and NVME drive that I use for docker.

In January of 2020 I bought an LSI 9200-8E card from Amazon. There was nothing about it being new or used in the description and it was $59.00.

When I got the card it had the same problem you are having, only two drives were visible. I contacted the seller and they investigated using other cards of the same type and lot he had in stock and he was able to replicate the problem exactly. Flashing to the latest firmware didn't solve it. He sent me another card and all was well.

I suggest contacting the seller for a replacement and ask whether others are having the same problem.

Interesting. I purchased this card off ebay from China. Guess I'll contact the seller.

Hi,

Hopefully this is the right place to post this. Recently I needed to expand the storage of my omv server and decided to get a HBA card to incase the drive capacity as my Mobo only had 1 SATA port free. I've bought an Lsi 9308-8i card and added to the server. I swapped the existing 3 hdds I have for storage from the motherboard sata connectors to the card along with an additional 2 more drives.

On booting up the system, the HBA was initializing and showed all 5 drives, but when it got to the bios none of the drives were showing. I eventually flashed the card as it was on an old firmware version after which the drives showed up in the bios, however only 1 is showing as listed in omv. I unplugged all the drives and added them one at a time restarting each time. I get as far as 2 drives showing in omv then it's back to 1 if more than 2 are connected.

I think there might be something with the kernel that's causing the problem. I'm currently sitting with a fresh install of omv, fully updated, omv kernel plugin installed, but I'm able to get the drives to show. In the console I've been getting some errors which I've attached. On startup it seems to error with "overriding nvdata" and the after omv has loaded it throws "task kworker/u64" blocked.

Any thoughts on what I could do to get the drives working?