Beiträge von libook

I started using OMV from v5 (or v4, I can't remember). And I have migrate to v6 for many months.

The situation now is:

Storage->Disks: is using label names in Device column;

Storage->S.M.A.R.T.->Devices: is using label names in Device column;

Storage->File Systems: is using label names in Device column;

Storage->Shared Folders: is using UUID in Absolute Path column;

Storage->mergerfs: is using both UUID and ID in Paths column;

Services->SnapRAID->Drives: is using label names in Drive input box for creating or modifying UI.

It's a bit confusing to manage.

Please provide some best practices on whether a single style of description should and can be used consistently.

This is a two year old thread. Many things have been fixed/changed since then. Did your pool import into the mergerfs plugin? I need more details.

Sorry, this page is the only one I have gotten from Google with the error message.

It seems that dpkg was executing /usr/share/openmediavault/confdb/create.d/conf.service.mergerfs.sh

Then I got the error:

I didn't remove union filesystem pool before upgrade to OMV v6. So it is still working with the old configuration (I can still access the 'merged' filesystem). It just can't finish the dpkg configuration of the new mergerfs plugin. I can see the web UI of the plugin without any row in the table.

Then, things became different.

I went out for a while. When I came back, problems had been fixed automatically.

In my /var/log/apt/term.log:

Code
    Setting up openmediavault-mergerfs (6.0.14) ...
    Updating configuration database ...
    Processing triggers for openmediavault (6.0.13-2) ...
    Updating workbench configuration files ...
    Restarting engine daemon ...

There is no apt execution log in my shell history of that time. I have enabled unattended-upgrades but there is no log of that time either.

I just can't explain this. Sorry for bothering you.

As Volker noticed, this is a union filesystems plugin issue. Have you created a union filesystems pool?

@ryecoaaron I have the same problem.

I have created a union filesystems pool during using OMV v5. I upgraded it to OMV v6. The unionfilesystem plugin has been removed. I saw this problem when I was installing new mergerfs plugin.

MergerFS is still working because of fstab.

please revise attribute 197 & 198:

197 Current_Pending_Sector 0x0012 100 100 000 Old_age Always - 96

and yes, you must consider to replace it. or at least check if grow

Thanks for your analytics!

After reading your comment, I checked S.M.A.R.T. informations of other drives. The RAW_VALUE of these two attributes of other drives are all 0. So the one with value 96 seems being dying.

I 'll replace it soon.

There were a red dot on S.M.A.R.T. dashboard. When I place cursor on it, it told me "Device has a few bad sectors.".

So I manually checked the S.M.A.R.T. information of the divice.

The Reallocated_Sector_Ct attribute seems normal:

Then I use openSeaChest tool by Seagate:

The No.5 attribute:

Code
    5 - Retired Sectors Count
        Attribute Type(s):
            Pre-fail
            Online Data Collection
            Event Count
            Self-Preserving
        Nominal Value: 100
        Worst Ever Value: 100
        Threshold: 10
        Raw Data: 00000000000000h

Please tell me what is going on the disk drive. Should I replace it?