Beiträge von msacco

Saw that previously, was sort of hoping for a possible permanent solution, but I guess that's fine enough.

Hi. I use letsencrypt for my domain, and I automatically renew it when needed. I have updated some packages on OMV recently and it seems like OMV defaults the nginx ssl certificates to the one I initially set up in the SSL through the GUI which is outdated and I wasn't able to access the web interface because of that.

I have updated it manually in the nginx config and it now works fine, but since my letsencrypt certificate path isn't changing, is it possible to tell OMV the static path to the SSL certificate instead of adding it manually each time?

Thanks.

ssl of portainer? it is configured by changing the container web port from 9000 to 9443 and passing two ssl variables. You don't have to use the omvextras portainer setup. You can run your own and customize it with docker-compose. The compose plugin makes that easy. Read more about the portainer image here - https://hub.docker.com/r/portainer/portainer-ce

I understand that, but I still don't understand where the server/nginx/whatnot configuration is handled...

For example, if I'm going to change the port from x to y, which settings will be changed?

The reason I'm asking, is because I want to handle it by myself through nginx, and not sure how to disable the current settings.

Thanks.

Portainer is running in docker. There are no nginx settings. You should use something like swag to unify everything. Plenty of guides on swag on this forum.

That's what I want to do, but right now there is some existing configs which doesn't allow me to bind to that port. I'm trying to find that config in order to delete or merge it.

For example, there is an option to enable SSL, where is this setting handled? Is it in the host? In the container?

Thanks.

Hey, I'd like to unify all my nginx configurations into a single file instead of them being spread here and there.

I have installed portainer through omv-extras, and it works with no issues over SSL, but I just can't find the nginx settings for portainer anywhere, both on the host or the container.

I'm not entirely sure that Portainer even uses nginx, so perhaps it's something else, but anyone knows where these settings are handled?

Thanks.

Yep, so seems like I actually managed to fix my OMV installation, just wasn't aware of this change so I thought it still wasn't fixed :p

Auth data is now stored in the browser session storage instead of locale storage. This has the consequence that a new tab can not access the session data of another tab. This has been done because of security.

When did this change happen? I started to think I'm going mad ?(

Is there any way to change this behavior though?

Your best bet might be to disable the lockout timer, and it might stop logging you out. I recently did it, and even when tabbing over to another browser, it doesn't log me out.

I already tried that tbh. So for you it does work properly as I thought it should?

Hey, I have an issue with a clean OMV6 installation. Whenever I open a new browser/new tab, OMV asks for credentials to login.

E.g - Open browser, nagivate to OMV, login, open a new tab, navigate to OMV - it will ask for credentials even though the previous tab is still connected and works with no issues.

I thought it's an issue with my OMV6 but I just installed OMV6 using the installation script on a clean raspbian system and it still happens, starting to wonder if this might be a bug with the latest version or something? Or perhaps that's the expected behavior? (I didn't remember that it was like this)

Possibly cookies/session storage/local storage issues?

Not really sure and really confused, would love to get some input.

Thanks.

So....I start to wonder whether this might actually just be a bug in OMV, and not really an issue with my setup...

I have installed a clean raspbian OS, installed OMV via the installation script(apt update/upgrade before ofc).

Went to the OMV interface, logged in, opened a new tab, navigate to OMV again and it asks for login credentials again.

Is it a bug? Was this always the behavior(I think it wasn't?), I'm starting to get real confused here.

Were there any updates recently? Could one of them caused this?

Thanks.

Well that's the thing, it *didn't* purge all configurations. E.g - user, settings, nginx, etc, etc, etc.

Settings up OMV is the easy part here, that's why I tried to focus on that, but with current state, I don't think there's much hope as it's too messed up.

Setting up a fresh OMV is super easy, I'm just not sure about everything else I have. I did backup all the docker images and settings etc, but I have other stuff that aren't on docker. I just hope it's really enough :p

Thanks.

So I tried to uninstall OMV and reinstall it too(apt-get purge openmediavault apt-get autoremove)

That still didn't work. I assume that removing OMV still keeps some configurations which causes some faulty settings to persist even when reinstalling.

Any ideas how can clean that without completely reinstalling the system? ( I have some other stuff installed and configured already, not things that are necessarily related)

The last option would be to backup everything and clean install raspbian but it would be quite annoying.

Ok, so I've ran the script again, it seems to solve the issue that required me to do omv-engined -d -f

It's now working find in terms of login and everything else around it.

I do still get the same error(status code 401) as above in the login page:

Code
    "Session not authenticated."
    trace
    : 
    "OMV\\HttpErrorException: Session not authenticated. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/session.inc:146\nStack trace:\n#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(81): OMV\\Session->validateAuthentication()\n#1 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\\Rpc\\Proxy\\Json->handle()\n#2 {main}"
    response
    : 
    null

Should I care? Should it matter with anything? I'm not sure I notice any issues besides that.

Thanks.

Oh nice, I was actually trying to search for the answer to whether the install script deletes the data, guess I should've just looked at the github repo first thing...It will take me some time to finish things I'm currently doing with my NAS and only then I'll be able to perform the backup and run the script.

Will update, thanks! :)

Post the output inside a codebox of dpkg -l | grep openm

Note its a lowercase L

Code
    ii  openmediavault                       6.3.8-1                          all          openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-backup                6.1                              all          backup plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii  openmediavault-flashmemory           6.2                              all          folder2ram plugin for openmediavault
    ii  openmediavault-keyring               1.0                              all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg          6.1.1                            all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault

Thanks

Hey, I have sadly corrupted my OMV installation I believe.

I had some issue with the smartmontools package, so I just wanted to remove and install it again, sadly I didn't expect it to remove critical OMV stuff, this is the delete log:

I figured right away that I probably screwed something, and as expected OMV failed to work afterwards.

I have managed to manually install all the deleted stuff, then when I tried to login I got an error from rpc.php, initially when opening the web page:

Code
    "Session not authenticated."
    trace
    : 
    "OMV\\HttpErrorException: Session not authenticated. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/session.inc:146\nStack trace:\n#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(81): OMV\\Session->validateAuthentication()\n#1 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\\Rpc\\Proxy\\Json->handle()\n#2 {main}"
    response
    : 
    null

When I tried to login it didn't work. It started working again after I executed omv-engined -d -f

I tried to have it running automatically, but it's not working, so in order for me to actually be able to log into OMV, I need to first execute that(even with the command, the above error still shows on the login page, but after logging in I see no errors on network and everything seems to load ok.

My question is what should be the following steps? Is there any way to repair OMV? Should I completely uninstall OMV? Personally it feels like things are close to being as usual, just need to solve the rpc.php error on login page and solve the omv-engined -d -f not running automatically.

Any ideas? I don't really want to lose all my OS changes.

Thanks!