Beiträge von harry66

Hi mucriva

I have been getting very similar errors on my OMV for the past few months - whenever I tried to apply the updates.

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export LANGUAGE=; omv-salt deploy run --no-color systemd-networkd 2>&1' with exit code '1': RPI:

I am not a CLI guy either - pretty much a Windows person.

But I did some more digging today and I noticed the following in my OMV error log and found the key error for me was the following:

A dependency job for netplan-wpa-wlan0.service failed. See 'journalctl -xe' for details.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/sbin/netplan", line 23, in <module>

subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['systemctl', 'start', 'systemd-networkd.service', 'netplan-wpa-wlan0.service', 'netplan-ovs-cleanup.service']' returned non-zero exit status 1.

I did some more digging for the above wlan related errors, and then eventually remembered I had disabled the Wifi on my PI using the config.txt file using

dtoverlay=disable-wifi

and thought it would be worth enabling it back again to see what happened.

I commented out the above line, rebooting the pi and now the OMV updates apply successfully.

Obviously, the above is not the same as your problem - but googling the actual error message below the 'A dependency job for xxx failed' might help you get to the bottom of it.
    Good Luck

Hi crashtest

thanks for the reply.

I fully agree about the dangers of using the pi username. That was just for demo/screenshot purposes.

I actually used a a personal user name which I had created in OMV previously - I have created different usernames for various family members as per then need to access the various samba shares.

The point of my post was how entering the username and password into Credentials manager was the only way to see the shares under RPI in Windows or map a folder to any of them etc. This was very weird - because I did not have to do this on other PCs in the home - a mixture of Win10 and Win11 devices.

Also - thanks once again for the great work on the forum and OMV. Allowed me to replace a power hunger and noisy QNAP with an RPI+SSD - low powered silent bliss..

Hi crashtest

Thanks for putting the great Connect to OMV with Windows 10 guide together.

I recently had to rebuild a Windows 11 laptop after the boot drive got messed up.

So, I followed your guide - and recognised several of the steps I had tried in previous attempts to get this laptop and others to connect to OMB Samba shares - so it was great to see them all in one place - thanks.

However, despite going to every possible step in your Connect W10 document, I still could not get this laptop to connect.

My RPI server appeared under Network just fine, but when tried to

• click on it
    • tried typing in the IP address in the address bar
    • adding a Network Location under This PC and specify RPI or the IP address:

I would just get the following Windows Popup error - I could not even see the samba shares. On previous computers, I could see the shares, but when I then tried to click on the shares, I would get issue - but here I could not even get as far as seeing the shares.

Network Error

Windows cannot access \\192.168.2.28 (or RPI etc)

Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with your network. To try to identify and resolve network problems, click Diagnose.

Error code: 0x80004005

Unspecified error

Off course Diagnose did nothing useful.

In the end, out of sheer desperation, I just thought I would check the Windows Credential manager - because I know I had previously had issues on another PC with saved credentials for the same IP address - even though this was complete re-install of Win 11!!

As you may know the Credential manager can be run by executing

rundll32.exe keymgr.dll, KRShowKeyMgr 

in the Run dialog or command prompt etc

I confirmed there were no stored credentials (as you would expect) and then decided to manually add some credentials here for the RPI

Clicked OK, and Close - went back to File Explorer and hey presto RPI was now fully browsable and accessible. Hurrah!!

Just to be Clear - I do NOT recommend using the pi username here - its just for demo purposes. This should also work with other user accounts you have created on OMV.

Perhaps you could consider adding the above to the guide - in case it helps others?

The above Credential manager is also useful for deleting stored credentials - an issue I had on a different PC, when I initially connected to my RPI using a username with read-only samba privileges and I still could not get write-access even when I tried to connect again user a fully permissioned user name!. Once I deleted the read-only credentials from the Credential store, I was then able to access using the other username.

Hi all,

Apologies if this is not an OMV issue and rather a generic Linux issue but I am a relative Linux noob - so not really sure....

I have OMV 6.0.5-3 running on a Raspberry PI4 and I can access the SMB shares just fine from Windows and my Kodi software running on FireTV sticks etc.

I am trying to automount some of the SMB shares from another RPI4 but it refuses to work.

I added the mount entries to my etc/fstab file and If I execute sudo mount -a from the console that works fine.

However, upon reboot, it will not automount the shares, and I get dmesg output like:

[ 15.531618] CIFS: Attempting to mount //192.168.2.9/Downloads

[ 15.531772] CIFS: VFS: Error connecting to socket. Aborting operation.

[ 15.531792] CIFS: VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -101

[ 15.533194] CIFS: Attempting to mount //192.168.2.9/Movies

[ 15.533336] CIFS: VFS: Error connecting to socket. Aborting operation.

[ 15.533351] CIFS: VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -101

I have tried various combinations of entries in the fstab file e.g.

//192.168.2.9/Downloads /home/pi/RPI/Downloads cifs credentials=/home/pi/.smbcreds,uid=1000,gid=1000,_netdev 0 0

OR

//192.168.2.9/Downloads /home/pi/RPI/Downloads cifs credentials=/home/pi/.smbcreds,uid=1000,gid=1000,_netdev,x-systemd.after=network-online.target 0 0

OR

//192.168.2.9/Downloads /home/pi/RPI/Downloads cifs auto,x-systemd.automount,credentials=/home/pi/.smbcreds,vers=3.1.1,uid=1000,gid=1000 0 0

All of the above fails to automount on reboot and yet mount -a for all of the above works fine.

With the final choice above (auto,,x-systemd.automount) type entry I get systemctl status output as :

PI8G systemd[1]: Mounting /home/pi/RPI/Downloads...

PI8G mount[904]: mount error(101): Network is unreachable

PI8G mount[904]: Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) and kernel log messages (>

PI8G systemd[1]: home-pi-RPI-Downloads.mount: Mount process exited, code=exited, status=32/n/a

PI8G systemd[1]: home-pi-RPI-Downloads.mount: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

PI8G systemd[1]: Failed to mount /home/pi/RPI/Downloads.

PI8G systemd[1]: home-pi-RPI-Downloads.mount: Start request repeated too quickly.

PI8G systemd[1]: Failed to mount /home/pi/RPI/Downloads.

With others, the systemctl status output is generally

PI8G systemd[1]: Mounting /home/pi/RPI/Downloads...

PI8G mount[904]: mount error(101): Network is unreachable

PI8G mount[904]: Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) and kernel log messages (>

PI8G systemd[1]: home-pi-RPI-Downloads.mount: Mount process exited, code=exited, status=32/n/a

Can anyone please advise where I am going wrong - or should I post this on a generic Linux or RPI forum?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Just want to say - if you are part of the OMV team - thanks for such a great product.

Apart from a few minor issues with accessing the Private folder from Windows - all has been great.

I managed to resolve the above issues by applying ACL and that seems to have fixed it...

Particularly like the new OMV6 interface....

Hi all,

I am a Raspberry PI and OVM newbie with some basic Linux skills.

I apologise if the following has been answered - I did google and search this forum but no luck...

I had previously installed OVM v5 on my Pi4 running buster - but I messed up the system when trying to upgrade to bullseye.

So, I started from scratch again and I successfully installed OVM v on my Pi v4 running bullseye minimal install.

However, one thing I note in the Storage->Shared Folders section is the absolute path for my shares is something like:

/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-1b116cc1-5a33-4900-80c7-d01abcd9ff/Public

/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-1b116cc1-5d44-4900-80c7-d01abcd9ff/Private

etc..

On my previous OVM5 / Buster install - the paths where more like

/mnt/media/Public

/mnt/media/Private

Which could have been because I think I had manually mounted the SSD as /mnt/media before I installed OVM5

I tried mounting /dev/sda as /mnt/media again - but it wont let me...

So, other than creating symbolic links - is there anyway of changing the mount name to something short than dev-disk-by-uuid-1b116cc1-5a33-4900-80c7-d01abcd9ff ?

Or I am being silly - as there is no benefit to the above and I should just stick to using symlinks?

Thanks in advance for any help and Seasons Greetings to all!