Beiträge von ninjoan

Hey guys, for a reason i cannot make the users and the shared folders work idk what I'm doing wrong.

The idea is to create a user that is the only one with access to a specific shared folder, but I'm getting the windows error. saying

this is my setup

Home > Storage > Shared Folders > Privileges

Home Services > SMB/CIFS > Shares

Hello, i just install a fresh installation of OMV v6.0.43-1 (Shaitan).

everything is working well so far but i don't see anymore the default Backup plugin for backup my systems configuration in case I need to restore the whole system.

any one can give me in the right direction.

thanks

great i resolve this using

cd /mnt

mkdir sdb1

mount /dev/sdb1 sdb1

ls -la sdb1

# when done, exit from the directory or unmounting will fail

cd /mnt

umount /mnt/sdb1

rmdir /mnt/sdb1

hello guys is there a method in Linux to view the folders inside an HD I'm mounting a hard drive but I don't remember the exact name of the shared folders I use to have in the old system and I don't want to lost the data

Check if the user have permission to SSH

domain/#/usermgmt/users/edit/username

check GROUP > SSH

hello i find this video

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

is this still an option since i don't see Duplicati on plugins

It does, but you need SSH access. Why folks disable all SSH access is a total freaking mystery to me. Someone did that a couple weeks ago here on a device that had NO display port, and they coudn't get into the web panel. Well at that point there's absolutely no way to trouble shoot and nothing you can do but reinstall.

If you're managing this remotely via reverse-proxy of the webUI, just reverse proxy the wetty plugin, and bam.. you have secure command line access (just make sure you're using good passwords, etc.). If you're using a VPN, there's absolutely no reason to disable SSH as it's only available on the local network unless you do something like open up port 22, which isn't necessary

Sorry this happened, but it's really your own fault. If the person in Hawaii can't plugin a display and keyboard and run omv-firstaid for you... you'll have to put OMV on a new sdcard and ship it to them to install, and then start over.

i didn't disable the SSH it disabled after i run the upgrade in the OMV GUI