Posts by joq3

I just bought a Asrock Z77E-ITX motherboard to use for my OMV server. And it works great. But I am having issues when rebooting the computer. It will not boot, and I think it might be related to it not detecting any monitor. Is it required by this motherboard to have a display connected for it to boot at all?

Because last night when looking for what the issue was I plugged in a monitor and it booted fine, and rebooted fine. Then I unplugged it and rebooted, and it would not boot, is just "retried", shut off and started again.

If this is the case. Is there any way to disable the need for a monitor to be able to use this motherboard headless?

I also thought it might be the RAM, but I tried with just one RAM and I got the same result. Also it does work great once it has booted. I had an uptime of 35 days before rebooting, and I had no issues until I rebooted.

Thank you!

So since it is new you don't think it can be bad? What is the harm in checking if it is OK?

If it is bad then you should be able to swap it out using the warranty.

The errors you posted says it is bad. Very bad!

I formated the drive in Windows (normal format) and then ran the GSmartControl application. This is what I find under Error log:

I guess that's a bad drive? Kingstons own SSD check reports no errors. And a Short selftest with GSmartControls returns no errors either.

Yes, of course I only use one drive at a time. I meant that I use the same port and cable as the 80GB which is confirmed working.
    This is a Kingston SSD. Samsung I do not like, because I have had the 840 Evo which has a lot of issues.
    Yes, that is why I am replacing my 80gb SSD, to prevent that happening!

It looks as if the 120GB SSD is bad. Fix that first. Is it an old SSD? Perhaps it is close to dead?
    Check SMART values. Do a normal (not fast) format. Then check SMART values again. If there are any problems due to old age, then it is likely to become worse fast.

It is brand new!

No, that will not work.
    Have you booted to 80GB SSD with the 120GB SSD plugged in and run fsck on the 120GB drive? Have you tried plugging the 120GB SSD into another SATA port?

Is there a specific reason you need such a large OMV system drive? Many experienced users try to minimize the size of the system drive. I myself run on a 16GB SSD with room to spare.

What does fsck do?
    No I am using the same SATA port the working 80gb disk is using.

No it is the cheapest 6gb/s ssd I could find here.
    I changed the 80gb/s because it got a few bad sectors according to smart. But it was still working.

I bought a 120gb SSD which is 6gb/s instead of 3gb/s which my old 80gb SSD is.
    I don't want to reinstall everything, as I have many special configurations together with a lot of Docker containers. So I plugged in the new disk and used Clonezilla to clone the disk. Tried two methods, one with the variable "-k1" which resizes the partition to fit the new larger disk, and also tried using Clonezilla with default settings, and launching Gparted to resize the partition later.
    Both variants gives me the same end result.

On first boot it works great, and keeps working for a few hours. But then it stops working, and after a reboot this is what I am greeted with:

And this is where it stops:

So I am stuck, and Clonezilla shows no errors at all, neither does Gparted.

Is there any other way I can move to the larger SSD? Can I install OMV4 from scratch on the new SSD, and then manually copy all the files from the old SSD to the new? Will this keep all my configurations and settings? If this works, how do I do this correctly?

Thank you!

It's macOS, so all you need is to save the logon credentials in Keychain.app and then drag the server volume in your login items. System Preferences --> Users&Groups --> Login Items. This is not Windows where everything is complicated as hell...

Good idea! Just tried it, but I have one annoying issue with this. It will always open my server volume at boot. Even if I check the Hide checkmark. It makes no difference. Is it possible to not have it pop up?

I just installed Transmission-OpenVPN in Docker which works great.
    I also installed Radarr in another docker. And I am having issues after download.
    Radarr has no problem searching and adding a torrent to Transmission. But after download it doesn't get moved into the Plex movie folder, nor added to Plex.
    I get this error:
    Failed to completely transfer [/data/Complete/Movies/Example-movie.mkv] to [/movies/Example-movie.mkv], retrying [2/2]

My guess is that hardlinks doesn't work when Radarr uses /movies and /downloads as the location, while the real location looks something like this:
    /srv/91a2af43-24c7-475f-b28b-3cb663d2aa7e/Media/Nedladdningar/Torrents/Complete
    And
    /srv/91a2af43-24c7-475f-b28b-3cb663d2aa7e/Media/Media/Filmer

How do I solve this?

After a while it seems like it was finally linked (or copied?) to the movie folder.
    But this is what the log looks like:

Code
    DownloadedMovieImportService RAR file detected, will require manual cleanup 09:28
    MovieService Linking [Example-movie/Example-movie.mkv.mkv] > [[Example-movie (2018)][tt7401588, 491418]] 09:28
    RssSyncService RSS Sync Completed. Reports found: 115, Reports grabbed: 0 09:24
    DownloadDecisionMaker Processing 115 releases 09:24
    RssSyncService Starting RSS Sync 09:24
    ImportApprovedMovie Couldn't import movie /data/Complete/Movies/Example-movie/Example-movie.mkv: Failed to completely transfer [/data/Complete/Movies/Example-movie/Example-movie.mkv] to [/movies/Example-movie/Example-movie.mkv], aborting. 09:24
    DiskTransferService Failed to completely transfer [/data/Complete/Movies/Example-movie/Example-movie.mkv] to [/movies/Example-movie/Example-movie.mkv], aborting. 09:24
    DiskTransferService Failed to completely transfer [/data/Complete/Movies/Example-movie/Example-movie.mkv] to [/movies/Example-movie/Example-movie.mkv], retrying [2/2]. 09:20
    DiskTransferService Failed to completely transfer [/data/Complete/Movies/Example-movie/Example-movie.mkv] to [/movies/Example-movie/Example-movie.mkv], retrying [1/2]. 09:17

What happens?

Hi,

I have setup my SMB/Cifs Shares as Read only: No and Browsable: Yes.
    In the Shared folders I have the owner set as root, and R/W/E, Group is set to users and R/W/E.
    Other is Read/Execute.
    The user I connect to the SMB server to belongs to the group users.

However I am having problems with Removing, Renaming, Moving files in my shares.
    Some of the folders and files gives me Error: -36 in Mac OS.

I don't know how to fix this.

Thank you!

Well, it's not a macOS issue since the service definition is lowercase. Can't reproduce though (OMV 4.1.22-1).

Renamed it in OMV to lowercase, saved, and then renamed to uppercase. Now it looks like the attached image.
    No idea why there is another nas there which is not SMB/CIFS.
    Can I remove this somehow?

Also tried making an Automation to connect to the SMB/CIFS server automatically.
    But it fails because it includes a forward slash I think.

Code
    smb://NAS - SMB/CIFS._smb._tcp.local

However I can connect manually when going trough the Finder.
    But how do I rename it?

Images

• Skärmavbild 2019-06-11 kl. 23.03.26.png

Just got done updating my OMV server to version 4. Most things seems to work, but I have lost the ability to connect to my server from the outside.
    I've done NGinx reverse proxy in 3.x which is still there in 4.x (and restarting Nginx produces no errors).
    I can also reach everything from my local network, I can reach the domains too (example.com), not only local adresses.
    But this only works when I am connected to the same network.

As soon as I get outside the network the domains are unreachable.

Can this have something to do with Let's Encrypt? Do I need to renew the cert for 4.x?

I have not made any other changes from 3.x where it was all working good!

The service propagation routines might be patchable. But I provided the output from the dns-sd -B _smb._tcp . for a reason. Why don't you give it a try in Terminal.app to see whether this is a cosmetic issue not related to OMV (Finder showing names only in lowercase for example)?

Code
    18:38:09.027 ...STARTING...
    Timestamp A/R Flags if Domain Service Type Instance Name
    18:38:09.027 Add 2 7 local. _smb._tcp. nas - SMB/CIFS

Just performed the upgrade.
    Got this error in the end:

Code
    Restarting engine daemon ...
    Cannot create socket to [localhost]:2812 -- Connection refused
    Updating locale files ...
    Updating file permissions ...
    Purging internal cache ...
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    fail2ban
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

But no worries, did a reboot, and was able to login to OMV.
    Then I got this error (right after logging in):

Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Invalid RPC response. Please check the syslog for more information. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:186
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UnionFilesystem...', 'getList', Array, Array, 3)
    #1 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #2 {main}

Pressed OK, and was able to disable fail2ban, if it was causing issues. Did not help.
    Then went to Update management, seemed to install most of it, but ended with an Error (no specific error, just text in the log).

Went into OMV-Extras, to remove the Mono repo (as I don't use Sonarr/Radarr as a plugin any more). After deleting, and pressing Apply, I get this error:

So right now there are errors left and right, and I have no idea why?

EDIT: This is my repos:

Files

• 1.PNG

(24.41 kB, downloaded 28 times, last: )

The cups plugin on OMV 4.x is problematic. I would move cups, transmissionbt, and mysql to docker. Probably even nginx. The rest should be ok.

Removed Cups.
    Does Transmission, mysql and nginx have issues too?

Moving these to Docker, is there any easy way to backup and restore from settings?

I went in to the Update Management section, and selected everything and pressed Update to prepare for the big upgrade to 4.0.

It did update some of the stuff, but ended with 502 error, and now I cannot access the Web GUI of OMV. It seems to work in the background, but the GUI is unreachable.
    Checked omv-firstaid and the webgui-ports are correct.

I get this error when trying to restart nginx:

Code
    Restarting nginx (via systemctl): nginx.serviceJob for nginx.service failed. See 'systemctl status nginx.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details. failed!

EDIT: Fixed this!

Hi,

I have finally made the decision to try to update from 3.0 to 4.0, I will take an exact copy of the OMV disk to be sure that I can go back.
    These are the plugins I have installed (the rest I have migrated to Docker):

• openmediavault-backup 3.11
    • openmediavault-rsnapshot 3.12
    • openmediavault-transmissionbt 3.0.9
    • openmediavault-unionfilesystems 3.1.17
    • openmediavault-mysql 3.0.4
    • openmediavault-fail2ban 1.3.1
    • openmediavault-nginx 3.0.11
    • openmediavault-letsencrypt 3.4.5
    • openmediavault-resetperms 3.3
    • openmediavault-locate 3.4
    • openmediavault-cups 3.1.2
    • openmediavault-omvextrasorg 3.4.32
    • openmediavault-docker-gui 3.1.10

I have found all these plugins in the OMV 4.0 Plugin list. Is there anything else I need to do to ensure it goes smooth?
    Or can I just update without the risk of breaking everything?

Thank you!

one posible reason can be that port 32400 where in use on your NAS so plex can't use.

PD: Only problem when run in bridge mode is: DLNA do not work on your install , you need to see content using plex cliento on your TV (DLNA works fine on host install)

I actually used bridge mode with 32400, and setup the server, then changed to Host mode, and now it works as it should.
    Very weird.

When connecting to my SMB/Cifs on my OpenMediaVault server I get the hostname in lowercase.
    I have named it "NAS", but it is shown as "nas".
    Is it possible to change this to be viewed as uppercase by Mac OS for example?

Thank you!