Beiträge von gderf

Glad to be of help. I pulled the trigger on this upgrade two months ago and other than a few quirks like these two, I am unable to remember if anything else got broken badly enough that I had to post about them.

What I expect now that OMV 7.0 was officially released just days ago, I suspect a lot of folks were waiting for that commit to do the upgrade and are only now diving in. Hopefully there won't be a flood of problems or some that are more difficult.

I can still not access the webadmin. Still have the 502 bad gateway error

May or may not be applicable to your architecture, but worth a try. This happened to me too.

Problem is, that I can not login at all. Not through the web interface and not through the ssh terminal.

Do you have any solution for that? I can only access my data through SMB.

I ran OMV on a PiBox with OMV flashed on the EMMC

I was fortunate. My server has IPMI so even though it's headless, I can get a console over the LAN, so I edited sshd_conf in a root shell using nano and restarted sshd.

I'm not familiar with Pi things, but it sounds like you are saying that the EMMC disk OMV is installed to is not removable?

Can you boot another rescue type Linux on another disk (SD card, thumb drive, etc.) and then repair sshd_conf that way?

This was previously discussed when I discovered it when my upgrade from OMV 6 to 7 locked me out of ssh for the same reason: group ssh replaced with _ssh but sshd conf file not updated.

See my post of two months ago:

My effort to "maintain it" post DyonR halting his efforts is to provide the image with the current version of Qbt. If the small changes I made don't interest someone (aliases for easy exit and IP check, and binary for Oookla speedtest), they can always build themselves a new image from the DyonR sources on his github page. It's a one liner in the shell:

Code
    docker build --no-cache -t qbittorrentvpn:latest https://github.com/DyonR/docker-qbittorrentvpn.git

So long as this continues to work by pulling the latest Qbt sources from their project page and nothing in the build process breaks, anyone can do this themselves as long as their Linux or OMV is set up to compile code. I think that just means adding the build-essential package.

However, if anything in the image build process breaks, I doubt I would be able to fix it as I am not a coder. At that point I would freeze the effort with the last successful build and start looking elsewhere for a replacement.

I think you should attempt an image build from your github page, and if it works, why not keep going, continue to improve it, and offer it up?

how did you get the bashin command? seems alot easier than exc

Add this code to the end of your ~/.bashrc file:

Code
    dexec() {
        docker exec -it "$1" bash
        echo "$1"
    }

Then create an alias in your ~/.bash_aliases file:

Code
    alias bashin='dexec'

To use, type this in a bash shell on your omv machine:

Code
    bashin <container_name>

This will open a bash shell in the container, assuming the container image was created with the bash shell available.

Not seeing what you are looking for.

Code
    fred@omv:~$ bashin qbt
    root@0f789432cdcb:/opt# ps -aux
    USER         PID %CPU %MEM    VSZ   RSS TTY      STAT START   TIME COMMAND
    root           1  0.0  0.0   4412  2876 ?        Ss   05:04   0:01 /bin/bash /etc/qbittorrent/start.sh
    qbittor+     205  0.0  0.0   3896  2004 ?        S    05:04   0:00 /bin/bash -c /usr/local/bin/qbittorrent-nox --profile=/config >> /config/qBittorrent/data/logs/qbittorren
    qbittor+     207 12.1  9.3 4354548 3063688 ?     Sl   05:04  89:34 /usr/local/bin/qbittorrent-nox --profile=/config
    root        4114  0.0  0.0   2392   564 ?        S    17:23   0:00 sleep 30
    root        4115  0.3  0.0   4160  3336 pts/0    Ss   17:23   0:00 bash
    root        4121  0.0  0.0   6756  2856 pts/0    R+   17:24   0:00 ps -aux
    root@0f789432cdcb:/opt# 

No, paid ones don't block P2P, so they work and are recommended.

This is not quite accurate. Torguard, a paid for service, reached a legal settlement with someone regarding copyright infringement. The agreement resulted in them not allowing any torrenting on their US servers - VPNs and proxies. It took a few months for them to actually implement this, but it is in place and working at this time.

I never noticed any performance penalty when using their foreign servers compared to their US servers, making this a non-issue for me.

I didn't know that was an ability that had to be checked... I just tested the container with VPN_ENABLED=no, and it works.

I assume all free VPN's will be useless? I don't download stuff that much, so I'm tempted to forego VPN's. But maybe having Qbittorrent up and running without a VPN (even when downloading or uploading nothing) is some kind of security/privacy hazard?

I can only speak about the VPN service I use, Torguard. I will not comment on other services, free or pay for unless I actually use them, which I don't.

With VPN_ENABLED=no the container will run but it will do so on your real public IP address. If you torrent copyrighted material you will eventually be identified and if this is illegal where you live you will begin to get warnings from your ISP. They may give your identity to the people whose material you are infringing, shut your service off, etc.

I see no point in running a torrent application if you are not torrenting anything, even though this probably doesn't expose you.