Beiträge von donh

ipa-client-samba overwrites the smb.conf. To keep the settings persistent in OMV, the following steps must be carried out:

Copy the complete content of smb.conf (without the homes part and workgroup) and paste it in the WebUI under Services -> SMB/CIFS -> Settings at the bottom under Extra options BEFORE saving any other changes.
    Check the "Enable NetBIOS" box.
    Set Workgroup to the short domain name (YOUR).

Another option for saving settings that wont be over written.

Do you see the users with getent passwd?

If AD is working correctly it will just open the folder and not ask for a password. Try logging in from the cli. You might get a better error to see what is not working. Can't remember the command but google will.

Seems you are very close.

However, I still haven't managed to get them to log on to SMB. I am still grateful for any tips.

Not sure what you mean. If you mean log in to the web ui that would require some setting in the AD. Maybe a group the has that access?

If you mean can't access shares that should be setting the permissions of the share.

This may be of interest too.

I added in samba extras

winbind enum users = yes

winbind enum groups = yes

Maybe there is something for freeipa.?

Also look at nsswitch..conf.

That is about all I can think of. Maybe a freeipa forum might help?

One other thing. In past version I had to change login.defs. Seems some setting is making the windows users in the range elow 60,000. Tried a lot of things before I ended up with the right combo for windows ad.

Good luck

I am guessing again but if it works for ssh the users seem to be getting into the omv. do they show up in getent passwd and getent group. If the user id numbers are above 60000 change /etc/login.defs to reflect that.

I don't have freeipa to test with so this is only a guess. I would try under a vm if it were me. Freeipa is available on debian 11.

You can see what freeipa will install with apt install freeipa --dry-run. I see promising things in the list.

Please let us know what you find.

Thanks for testing.

Not sure but proxmox is on to newer version of zfs.

Code
    root@pve:~# dpkg -l | grep zfs
    ii  libzfs4linux                         2.1.13-pve1                          amd64        OpenZFS filesystem library for Linux - general support
    ii  zfs-initramfs                        2.1.13-pve1                          all          OpenZFS root filesystem capabilities for Linux - initramfs
    ii  zfs-zed                              2.1.13-pve1                          amd64        OpenZFS Event Daemon
    ii  zfsutils-linux                       2.1.13-pve1                          amd64        command-line tools to manage OpenZFS filesystems

root@pve:~# uname -a

Linux pve 6.2.16-15-pve #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC PMX 6.2.16-15 (2023-09-28T13:53Z) x86_64 GNU/Linux

FYI

What versions are you using? AD and OMV.

Here is how I do AD.

Read the hole thing before attempting.

I am not sure about ftp but I think it should be doable.

Good luck