Beiträge von Shinobi

Hi,

I installed and configured the Wireguard plugin, based on the HOW TO guide. On my smartphone it works perfect and the phone keeps connected to the Internet, but when I connect via my Laptop, I have no internet access. I hope someone can point me in the right direction and tells me which details they need to help me :)

Thanks!

Thanks for all the help and feedback. I installed wireguard and it works perfect for my phone, but on my work Laptop I need to switch to the Admin account, to get the UI interface... For that I would like to stick to openvpn. Can someone point me at a recent docker image for that? The one from linuxserver is not maintained anymore...

Don't worry about your data drives, they can be carried over.

Fresh install is done. Data drives mapped without issues and some basic settings are also applied. The process was actually quite simple, but I still need to all the docker stuff and I saw that there is no more letsencrypt plugin, which is a shame. I guess I have to containerize that as well, right?

I saw that I have an unused nvme laying around. My plan is to replace them and install OMV on this one and keep the current one as my OMV4 backup. Once everything is up and running, the old drive will be wiped and serve as a fast storage on my NAS.

I hope that will make sense and I should be able to go back to my initial config quick easily

For your own sanity, go for a fresh install.

Most plugins have changed, deprecated or even merged.

And yes, you WILL face issues after the upgrade(s). It's less time consuming to grab existing configurations, do a snapshot just in case and start from scratch.

Somehow this seems to be still the easiest option. What about my data drives? Will OMV see the existing data on it?

The docker plugin has not been ported. You can use Portainer, Yacht, or just CLI. Up do to you.

If you know the docker plugin, you will find it easy to use the GUI of Portainer.

I prefer to use docker-compose files in Portainer (stacks), though.

Ok I understand, but that means that I need to backup and restore my container configs by hand, correct?

I would make a clone/image of the OS drive and then try to upgrade from 4 to 5 and then 5 to 6

Thanks a lot. I have this post already saved in my favourite. I assume I have to move to Portainer for docker, right?

Hi everyone!

I have been away from the forum for quite a while because my OMV 4 NAS is running flawlessly :). I'm well aware of "never change a running system", but I think it is time that I move to OMV 6. Quick info about my system

230GB Partitioned NVMe boot drive with second partition working as storage drive

3x 8TB WD Red running Snapraid (2x Data, 1x Parity... duh)

Docker plugin with containers like (sonarr, radarr, transmission)

Flashmemory plugin

hd-idle

FTP plugin

Letsencrypt plugin

HomeAssistant running as VM in Virtualbox

Intel i3-8100T

16GB Memory

I'm not trying to find out if all of these services and plugins can run on OMV 6 and whats the best way to get there. Complete fresh install? Upgrading to 5 and then from 5 to 6? Can I backup all the shared folder and users and it's settings as well? How do I backup all the docker container configs? Will Snapraid be able to understand the running config or will it have to start from scratch on the parity drive? Whats the easiest way to backup and restore my boot drive for emergency cases? dd?

Thanks a lot for some input and suggestions!

I'm getting an error when trying to obtain my letsencrypt cert. I'm using the free provider SPDNS.ORG. It seems that my domain is not reachable when you add the "www" in front of it.

The exact error messages look like this:

Performing the following challenges:
    http-01 challenge for http://www.mySPDNS.org
    Challenge failed for domain
    Domain: http://www.mySPDNS.org
    Type: dns
    Detail: DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up A for
    http://www.mySPDNS.org - check that a DNS record exists for
    this domain

Is that something I can fix? I tried without the subdomain parameter, but then this happens:

The following errors were reported by the server:

Domain: mySPDNS.org
    Type: connection
    Detail: Fetching
    http://mySPDNS.org/.well-known…z8sgLBjd73c1vjhBJmXtS3WA:
    Connection refused

To fix these errors, please make sure that your domain name was
    entered correctly and the DNS A/AAAA record(s) for that domain
    contain(s) the right IP address. Additionally, please check that
    your computer has a publicly routable IP address and that no
    firewalls are preventing the server from communicating with the
    client. If you're using the webroot plugin, you should also verify
    that you are serving files from the webroot path you provided.

Hi, I'm using the letsencrypt OMG plugin to secure my FTP server, but I want to install Nextcloud on it now. In the excellent guide from macom, everything is done with letsencrypt docker and now I have the following questions.

1. Would the guide also work with the letsencrypt plugin or is docker a must?

2. Can I transfer the existing cert and configuration from the plugin to docker?