Posts by mcgyver83

Hi all,
    coming back to this topic.
    I still have the same issue: "Remte Mount" + "Shared folder" make directories in the file system that are owned by root.
    I want to use the remote mounted drive (usb drive attached to router) for backup and I don't want that backup files are owned by root.

How can I change ownership for folder inside the "Remote Mount"?

I made changes suggested.

Now I have the same issue with another job.
    Mail message is:

Code
    /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/userdefined-fee68f4c-8454-49b2-9d8e-56c8bc8d631a: 31: /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/userdefined-fee68f4c-8454-49b2-9d8e-56c8bc8d631a: source: not found

The command (runned as user `pi`) in gui is:

I need to run the job with `pi` user to keep permission and ownership (and because I cannot see why I should use sudo).

Right now I still receive the mail message with `source` command complain

sudo: ok, I can remove it using "root" as user in scheduled job. It comes from the manual command I used to test it.
    sh: ok, in fact I can execute it instead of using sh.

parameter "5": this could be an issue. Same script is used to refresh different libraries in plex; I'll try putting it inside the script just to see if it solves the issue

Hi all, with OMV4 I was used to use the LetsEncrypt plugin to renew/refresh my SSL cert used to secure OMV gui access.
    To be honest I cannot understand how to keep using letsencrypt to keep my cert renewed

No hints?
    Who is using the `source` command to execute scheduled job?

I see that `userdefined-014d8449-8363-4241-a6ee-5904509cea43` script has `#!/bin/sh -l`, I changed my sh script with this line but I still have the issue

I assume your default shell does not support the command source to load other scripts.

I'm not using source in my script and I cannot find this command in the lines automatically added to cron.d/userdefined script.

What do you mean?
    Anyone has any hints?

Hi, I add a detail: also all others sh script I have cause the "source not found" mail.
    I execute the command configured in "Scheduled jobs" no message in the console

Hi, I configured a scheduled jobs with this command with the "send email output" enabled:

Code
    sudo sh /home/pi/raspberry-mcg/script/docker/plex/refresh_lib.sh 5

each time it is executed I receive an email with this message

Code
    /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/userdefined-014d8449-8363-4241-a6ee-5904509cea43: 31: /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/userdefined-014d8449-8363-4241-a6ee-5904509cea43: source: not found

Going deeper

Code
    cat /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/userdefined-014d8449-8363-4241-a6ee-5904509cea43
    #!/bin/sh -l
    # This file is auto-generated by openmediavault (https://www.openmediavault.org)
    # WARNING: Do not edit this file, your changes will get lost.
    sudo sh /home/pi/raspberry-mcg/script/docker/plex/refresh_lib.sh 5

and

Code
    cat /home/pi/raspberry-mcg/script/docker/plex/refresh_lib.sh
    #!/bin/bash
    docker exec plex /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex\ Media\ Scanner -s $1
    echo "Lib number $1 refreshed at $(date '+%Y-%m-%d')";

Basically each time I execute e bash script that run a command against a docker container and after prints the date.

I receive above email (I also receive the email with the echo output).

Thanks

Hi,
    I configured a Remote Mount for a CIFS/SMB share exposed by my router. If a power outage happens the raspberry with OMV and the router restart together.
    Omv is faster so it tries to mount the share that is not available (router take 1 min to expose it).
    There is a way to delay the share mount or retry it after to be sure that as soon as the share is available it is mounted?

Hi all,
    I configured e remote mount for a folder exposed by my router (with usb hdd attached).

Code
    credentials=/home/pi/.cifscredentials-xase-7d0d-34ff-8a3b-asdf22vg44672,_netdev,iocharset=utf8,vers=1.0,nofail,user_xattr,sec=ntlmv2,domain=HOME

The issue I'm facing is when I use rsync to backup stuff on this folder.
    Source is:

Code
    pi@raspberrypi:~/local_drive/tmp/test$ ll
    total 4.0K
    drwxr-sr-x 2 pi users 4.0K May 13 23:26 file1.txt

File owned by pi of group users.

Destination becomes:

Code
    pi@raspberrypi:~/router_hdd/rsync/tmp/test$ ll
    total 0
    drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 May 14 12:56 file1.txt

owned by root.

What happens if that each time I execute rsync it always perform data transfer because source and dest file are not considered equal.

Rsync script:

Code
    cd /home/pi/raspberry-mcg/script/backup/;
    ./solo -port=9999 rsync -avz \
    --delete \
    --progress \
    --exclude-from='/home/pi/raspberry-mcg/script/backup/rsync_exclude.txt' \
    --log-file='/home/pi/router_hdd/rsync/tmp/sync_router_hdd_small.log' \
    /home/pi/local_drive/tmp/test /home/pi/router_hdd/rsync/tmp

Also if I move into folder of this "remote mount" shared folder and I (user pi) create a file it ends up owned by root.

What is my error?

I too have the same error, but my HDD is still attached?!?!?
    I simply tried to unmount and unshare a test share folder and this happened.
    It reoccurs *every* time I try to add a new share....

Same issue.
    I have OMV running on ubuntu, usb drive ext4 attached with shared folder.
    I changed "privileges" for this shared-folder adding write/read permission for a user (to allow ftp access to it) and now when I apply changes I have this issue.