Beiträge von mcgyver83

Hi, I went back to this topic after long time :(

I configured a scheduled job in OMV gui:

When I run it I have this message in the modal windows:

source: not found

If I cat autogemerated job file

cat /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/userdefined-fe8457ff-1a95-4f9f-a331-e74b25603a0a

#!/bin/sh -l

# This file is auto-generated by openmediavault (https://www.openmediavault.org)

# WARNING: Do not edit this file, your changes will get lost.

/home/pi/raspberry-mcg/script/backup/gphotos-sync/gphotos-sync.sh

and if I cat my sh file

cat /home/pi/raspberry-mcg/script/backup/gphotos-sync/gphotos-sync.sh

#!/usr/bin/env bash

cd /home/pi/gphotos-sync;

#--new-token

/home/pi/.local/bin/pipenv run ./gphotos-sync --flush-index --do-delete --album-date-by-first-photo --logfile /var/log/gphotos-sync.log --use-flat-path --secret /home/pi/gphotos-sync/client_secret.json /home/pi/local_drive/Foto_Video/Foto/GooglePhotos

Why I have "source: not found" message in the modal from OMV gui?

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to keep my running OMV5 instance and add a usb wifi dongle used together with NordVPN software to have a dedicated WIFI SSID alsway connected to VPN.

Actually my raspberry is connect to my router via ethernet.

I'm afraid of destroying OMV network "configuration" and break everything.

Any suggestion?
    I alreeady have some instruction about how to configure WiFi connetction to use NordVPN, I'm looking for suggestion about how to keep LAN OMV working and add a wifi AP :)

BTW: OMV5 is End of Life. You should consider to upgrade to OMV6.

I know but for my setup (raspberry pi2B) there is no "upgrade process" so I have to fully rebuild the system and I'm waiting to have a free time slot for that :)

I'm running OMV 5 on a raspberry pi 2B.
    I have auth.log that becomes ~2MB each day because is full of lines like

Code
    Sep  7 20:46:02 raspberrypi CRON[6306]: pam_unix(cron:session): session closed for user root
    Sep  7 20:47:01 raspberrypi CRON[6884]: pam_unix(cron:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
    Sep  7 20:47:01 raspberrypi CRON[6884]: pam_unix(cron:session): session closed for user root
    Sep  7 20:48:01 raspberrypi CRON[7362]: pam_unix(cron:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
    Sep  7 20:48:01 raspberrypi CRON[7362]: pam_unix(cron:session): session closed for user root
    Sep  7 20:49:01 raspberrypi CRON[7780]: pam_unix(cron:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
    Sep  7 20:49:01 raspberrypi CRON[7780]: pam_unix(cron:session): session closed for user root

If I got it right there is this cron configured by default

Code
    ./make_nas_processes_faster:* * * * * root /usr/sbin/omv-ionice >/dev/null 2>&1

That is executed exactly each minute.
    What ionice does? is it possible to avoid so many log entries?

also see the comment from votdev in post #3

I'm going to read suggested links.
    About votdev comment, he refers to "my shell" but is the default shell configured by OMV image, or not?

I tried via ssh and the shell has "source" command.

After a lot of time I'm coming back to this topic. I have a script that executes a tool to download Google Photos images.

Code
    cat /home/pi/gphotos-sync/gphotos-sync.sh

#!/usr/bin/env bash

cd /home/pi/gphotos-sync;
    /home/pi/.local/bin/pipenv run ./gphotos-sync --logfile /var/log/gphotos-sync.log --secret /home/pi/gphotos-sync/client_secret.json /home/pi/local_drive/Foto/GooglePhotos

If I run it from terminal works fine and no strange message.

I configured the execution in "Scheduled Jobs" setting Command with

Code
    ./home/pi/raspberry-mcg/script/gphotos-sync/gphotos-sync.sh

When I run it from Scheduled Jobs play button in the modal windows this message appears:

Code
    /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/userdefined-fe8457ff-1a95-4f9f-a331-e74b25603a0a: 31: /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/userdefined-fe8457ff-1a95-4f9f-a331-e74b25603a0a: source: not found

but the script runs fine. Since I enabled "send email" when it ends I receive a mail with:

Code
    /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/userdefined-fe8457ff-1a95-4f9f-a331-e74b25603a0a: 31: /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/userdefined-fe8457ff-1a95-4f9f-a331-e74b25603a0a: source: not found
    /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/userdefined-fe8457ff-1a95-4f9f-a331-e74b25603a0a: 4: /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/userdefined-fe8457ff-1a95-4f9f-a331-e74b25603a0a: ./home/pi/raspberry-mcg/script/gphotos-sync/gphotos-sync.sh: not found

What is this "source" command?

HI, I moved from scheduled jobs that execute a custom bash scripts running rsync command to the already available omv interface to run rsync.

I realised that user that runs the rsync command is root, so all backup files are owned by root and also log files.
    How can I keep files owner?
    With custom bash script I was used to run them with a standard user.

Thanks for your feedback.

I did it via script to "learn" how rsync is used.
    I know that there is OMV gui to use rsync but I want to understand it before using the gui.

The folder is automatically mounted in / srv / xxxxxxx (numbers ...), but you must handle it with the shared folder name that you created.

Where in the filesystem I can find the folder with "Shared folder" as name?
    I mean accessing filesystem via terminal?

I edit. Sorry. I just reread your first post. I don't think I got it right. What is the reason to do this from CLI with a scrypt? You can do any rsync work in the GUI. Doesn't that seem easier to you?

Anyway what you've done should work, you access the correct folder with a symbolic link.

The issue I had (root fs filled by files sync done by rsync) happened because I reboot the router, so the remote mount gone away. When the router was again up&running OMV didn't remounted the remote smb share so /srv/xxxxxx become a "local folder" and rsync started putting files there.

There is a way to make OMV remount/re-attach a "Remote mount" as soon as it come back?

I'm using remote mount

but how I can access di mounted remote share?
    In the picture I put in the first message I showed the filesystem, here I can see that the remote mount is mounted under /srv/xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

You suggestion is to use that folder?

Probably I got what happened when I had the full root disk issue: I restarted the router so the remote mount is gone.
    When router restart ended OMV didn't remount the share so as soon as someone tried to write into /srv/xxxxxx (accessing the folder via symlink but I think isn't a problem) in fact is writing on the local file system not the remote one.

Could be possible?

Hi,
    I configured a remote mount linked to a smb share exposed by the router.

In filesystem page I see that is mounted:

in the home dir I have a symlink to the path where the remote is mounted.

lrwxrwxrwx 1 pi users 42 May 20 07:56 router_drive -> /srv/4892764a-9c63-4689-83c1-4627bbaa2a84/

I have a bash script that triggers rsync from a local folder to this mounted drive.

this is the rsync script:

rsync -av \

--delete \

--no-perms \

--no-owner \

--no-group \

--progress \

--exclude-from='/home/pi/raspberry-mcg/script/backup/rsync_exclude.txt' \

--log-file='/var/log/rsync/rsync_router_drive.log' \

/home/pi/backup_drive/ /home/pi/router_drive/rsync/

The highlight path is the destination path, a symlink to the remote folder as shown above.

What happened yesterday is that, instead of copying stuff to the remote, the script wrote in /home/pi/router_drive/rsync/ files (like the usual behaviour) but instead of the remote this files filled up my root partition. Seems that the mount disappeared so rsync created the folder tree into /home/pi/router_drive/rsync/ but now this was a local folder.

What is the right way to access from ssh a remote mount shared folder?

Hi I have a FritzBox 7530 with the attached usb drive exposed via SMB in the same "workgroup" of smb shared_folder configured in OMV.

I configured in OMV "remote mount" for the smb exposed by the fritzbox router.

After I have an rsync script that syncs stuff from local to the router smb share.
    When it runs I have a lot of messages like below:

Code
    Aug 12 10:11:00 raspberrypi kernel: [89954.494635] CIFS: VFS: bogus file nlink value 0
    Aug 12 10:11:00 raspberrypi kernel: [89954.630354] CIFS: VFS: bogus file nlink value 0
    Aug 12 10:11:00 raspberrypi kernel: [89954.709232] CIFS: VFS: bogus file nlink value 0
    Aug 12 10:11:00 raspberrypi kernel: [89954.811440] CIFS: VFS: bogus file nlink value 0
    Aug 12 10:11:00 raspberrypi kernel: [89954.914900] CIFS: VFS: bogus file nlink value 0
    Aug 12 10:11:00 raspberrypi kernel: [89955.012669] CIFS: VFS: bogus file nlink value 0

Code
    cat /proc/mounts  | grep "TOSHIBA"
    //192.168.1.1/FRITZ.NAS/TOSHIBA_EXT /srv/4892764a-9c63-4689-83c1-4627bbaa2a84 cifs rw,relatime,vers=3.0,cache=strict,username=aaaa,uid=1000,forceuid,gid=100,forcegid,addr=192.168.1.1,file_mode=0755,dir_mode=0755,soft,nounix,mapposix,rsize=65536,wsize=65536,bsize=1048576,echo_interval=60,actimeo=1 0 0

cat /etc/fstab  | grep "TOSHIBA"
    //192.168.1.1/FRITZ.NAS/TOSHIBA_EXT        /srv/4892764a-9c63-4689-83c1-4627bbaa2a84    cifs    _netdev,uid=pi,gid=users,iocharset=utf8,vers=3.0,nofail,noserverino,credentials=/root/.cifscredentials-aaaaaaa-3d26-41a7-a8b0-3393dcf0ddde    0 0

Any hints?

Hi,

I'm running OMV with a raspberry pi 2B.Docker storage is configured on the raspberry SD card so no issue; container persistent storage is located on a usb drive so I face the issue described at reboot (only on 2 containers, I have 6 containers started at boot).

I tried the delay way proposed here delay docker start but no luck.

I think my issue is related to external drive mount availability so I tried

omv-extras writes the waitLocalFs.conf. So, I wouldn't change that one. And instead of delay, delete all of the files in /etc/systemd/system/docker.service.d/ and try the following (as root):

Code

Code
    cat <<EOF > /etc/systemd/system/docker.service.d/waitAllMounts.conf

[Unit]

After=local-fs.target $(systemctl list-units --type=mount | grep /srv | awk '{ print $1 }' | tr '\n' ' ')

EOF

and works!!!
    It takes some time to have containers up & running but now I can rely on those containers also after a power outage :D

Hi, since some months I had the feeling that when I enter Update Management page items shown are always the same.
    Now I had the time to check and yesterday I execute the update without error, blank Update Management page after update.
    This morning I enter the page and I still see same updates as yesterday.
    As example:

Here the log: log