Posts by mcgyver83

Hi,
    I'm using remote mount plugin to access a smb share exposed by my router with an external usb hdd.

I have also 2 usb hdd attached to my raspberry pi2 running omv 4.

So I have:
    - local usb drive

- backup usb drive

- remote share

Using remote mount, I have a folder in /srv/2301d0e4-a1b6-41ff-9a44-37dd37feebcb that is the exposed share.
    In this folder (and subfolder) all files/folder are root:root
    I'm executing a rsync script to mirror some folders on the backup usb drive and after from the backup to the remote share folder.

When I run rsync to mirror to backup usb drive all is fine.

I'm running this command:

Code
    rsync -avz --delete --progress --log-file='/home/pi/test.log' /home/pi/local_drive/test_rsync /home/pi/backup_drive

And I have these logs

All fine, the first run sent 10Mbyte, the second run 0.

If I run the same command against remote mount share

Code
    sudo rsync -av --delete --progress --log-file='/home/pi/test.log' /home/pi/local_drive/test_rsync /srv/2301d0e4-a1b6-41ff-9a44-37dd37feebcb/rsync

I end with these logs:

As you can see in the above log rsync still transfer 10Mb of data despite of I already mirrored the folders.

Any hints?

Hi, I wrote a simple bash script that checks my ip, verify if it is the same of the one written in a .txt file, if yes exits otherwise it update the ip address in the .txt file and sends me an email.

What happen is that I receive the mail and others 2 email from OMV with subject "Mail Delivery Status Report" and body

Code
    This is the mail system at host raspberrypi.localdomain.
    Enclosed is the mail delivery report that you requested.

Why?
    How could I avoid to receive delivery status report?

Currently I changed the command to run a script stored in the router hdd via full path (so if router isn't connected no command execution).

Do you see any advantages in your approach (cd into folder and then run the script)?

I mounted the microSD card on a live linux using virtualBox.
    This is DiskUsage report
    Screenshot 2019-12-31 at 12.17.35.png

But Gparted says

Screenshot 2019-12-31 at 12.19.49.png

Update:
    probably I got it.

Screenshot 2019-12-31 at 12.24.26.png

/srv folder is full of file, 25GB...
    Now I have to understand why. I have a usb drive plugged into the router and each night a made an rsync backup to it.
    I'm using /srv/xxxx path as destination for rsync and if the drive isn't available due router issue it is writing into the sd card :(

Sorry to come back with the same problem but I still have a full mmcblk02p file system
    Screenshot 2019-12-30 at 19.27.57.png

I have root (/) usage for 4,7GB but OMV says 29 ?

Code
    pi@raspberrypi:/etc/rsyslog.d$ cat 10_incoming.conf
    $ModLoad imudp
    $UDPServerRun 514
    $ModLoad imtcp
    $InputTCPServerRun 514

Code
    pi@raspberrypi:/etc/rsyslog.d$ cat 20_router.conf
    if $hostname == 'raspberrypi' then /var/log/router.log
    & stop

I changed conf files addig 10_ and 20_ but this is what happens when I log into router webGui

As you can see the router message is written in more files :(

And in router.log I have lines not coming from router :(

Code
    /etc/rsyslog.d/10_router.conf

is the correct path, right?

With these 2 settings now I have these lines in router.log

Code
    Dec 28 16:24:01 raspberrypi CRON[387]: pam_unix(cron:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
    Dec 28 16:24:01 raspberrypi CRON[392]: (root) CMD (for i in `pgrep "ftpd|nfsiod|smbd|afpd|cnid"` ; do ionice -c1 -p $i ; done >/dev/null 2>&1)
    Dec 28 16:24:01 raspberrypi CRON[387]: pam_unix(cron:session): session closed for user root
    Dec 28 16:24:28 raspberrypi sshd[481]: Accepted publickey for pi from 192.168.0.13 port 54127 ssh2: RSA SHA256:CJSxNfqs71QD0lRZzN9S11Kg66l7Q8huW5OOr0EBxFE
    Dec 28 16:24:28 raspberrypi sshd[481]: pam_unix(sshd:session): session opened for user pi by (uid=0)
    Dec 28 16:24:28 raspberrypi systemd-logind[810]: New session c8 of user pi.
    Dec 28 16:24:28 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started Session c8 of user pi.

My desire is to have router log lines only in router.log file but now I have others log lines in router.log :(

Hi, I'm running omv 4 on a raspberry. My router can send log to syslog server.
    Checking logs in router gui is not so comfortable so I'm thinking of sending log to OMV instance to analyse them easily.

Do I need some config on omv? Or just set "Send to this Syslog server IP address" in the router admin page?

Hi all, I'm running OMV in a raspberry pi B for a couple of years.
    I find out this line in syslog file:

Code
    systemd[1]: Failed to activate swap /var/swap.
    systemd[1]: Dependency failed for Swap.
    systemd[1]: swap.target: Job swap.target/start failed with result 'dependency'.
    systemd[1]: var-swap.swap: Unit entered failed state.

and after some lines

Code
    systemd[1]: Starting Initializes zram swaping...
    init-zram-swapping[849]: Setting up swapspace version 1, size = 121.2 MiB (127098880 bytes)
    init-zram-swapping[849]: no label, UUID=f55f41cc-df07-4cfa-8ede-4524c6559dc3

and startup ends with this:

Code
    sudo swapon -s
    Filename Type Size Used Priority
    /dev/zram0 partition 124120 0 5
    /dev/zram1 partition 124120 0 5
    /dev/zram2 partition 124120 0 5
    /dev/zram3 partition 124120 0 5

Is all fine?
    At the end I have swap file with zram never used, does OMV manage swap stuff or can I configure zram and swap myself?