openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hey all,

Just FYI, I have another OMV server that I've been running for several years now. I have always been able to find solutions to the very few problems I've encountered along the way. Obviously an awesome product. The issue I'm seeing seems to be fairly new since there is not much in the forum/anywhere about it. So......

Having problems with shared folders as described in this post. I made the necessary changes to /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/system.d/sharedfolders but it apparently did not resolve the problem.

I read the same threads mentioned in that post and I do have the VirtualBox plugin installed with a VM running. OVM was installed several days back and updated along the way. Created several shared folders but started seeing problems creating or removing them yesterday. Turning VirtualBox off seems to satisfy things but then I see issues trying to turn VirtualBox back on. Actually rebuilt the VM and used a different shared folder for VirtualBox. None of that…
  • New

About 3 years ago i migrated from FreeNAS to OMV 2.0 and as part of that migration shifted my data from ZFS to EXT4 via a long and arduous format and copy pattern with N+1 drives setup.

Fast forward to last week where we had a power outage and the USB stick running my N54L decided to call it quits and didn't come back on restart. No matter, i had a backup.

But i decided to take the opportunity to migrate to OMV 4, and downloaded 4.1.11 ISO earlier tonight and installed it on a new USB stick. After having to do the /dev/sda and sdb grub shuffle I am successfully in the GUI.

However, while the GUI sees all 4 drives in the NAS, and happily mounts one of the partitions (the newest), the other 3 are nowhere to be seen.

fdisk -l reports the existence of Linux file systems on sdb1, sdc1, and sdd1; none of which show up in OMV.

Manually mounting them in the console gives the error 'more filesystems detected', but they happily mount fine with -t ext4.

Using blkid can see that the file…

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Enough of Rpi, now what?

Adoby

Move admin system support to USB -> DD

ryecoaaron

Problems with shared folders. Another one...

drouth

New omv-theme changer based on Wolf2000Pi/omv-theme

How Rebuilt my old ZFS Pool

p3s_29

Recent Activities

• Adoby -

Replied to the thread Enough of Rpi, now what?.

Quote from pabgan: “I thought then that Odroid HC1 or HC2 would fit well here, because it looks like I can just always add another one to increase my NAS capacity, but I yet could not find any place where they explain how to build a NAS with…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Move admin system support to USB -> DD.

If you want to use new/different partition table, you could setup the new drive with at least one partition/filesystem for the OS. Then you could rsync/copy/whatever the files to the new partition. To get things working, you would need to install grub…
  • drouth -

Replied to the thread Problems with shared folders. Another one....

Just looked and you are right... it is not there. It is still showing up in the web GUI. Thanks, David
  • votdev -

The problem seems to be that the shared folder directory does not exist. AssertPathIsDirectory=/srv/dev-disk-by-label-NASDataDisk/Documents was not met
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Move admin system support to USB -> DD.

Quote from Guitoumaster: “it's possible to clone my USB to a other more recent and speed, right ? ” Sure. But there are caveats depending on the way you clone (device clone will also copy the partition table so you end up with your target being…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Enough of Rpi, now what?.

Quote from pabgan: “I thought then that Odroid HC1 or HC2 would fit well here, because it looks like I can just always add another one to increase my NAS capacity ” Not in a traditional NAS sense (where you have 1 server with n disks inside). If you…
  • p3s_29 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How Rebuilt my old ZFS Pool.

Isso, após instalar o sistema operacionalQuote from .H.: “hi, you tell me to reinstall OMV ( Install OMV4 on Debian 9 (Stretch) ) or all the debian OS ? you can see dpkg options at the end of installation ( this isn't that you talk ? ) how can i add…
  • drouth -

Sorry, here's the error message when I went to apply the changes. Source Code (18 lines)Thanks, David
  • drouth -

I turned off the VirtualBox plugin and got the following error when I went to remove a shared folder... The folder referenced is "Documents" which I had tried to remove earlier. Source Code (19 lines)Thanks, David
  • drouth -

In the VirtualBox plugin it is simply listed as the "VM directory" "The location where VirtualBox stores its virtual machines." If it matters, Pi-hole, NSD and Unbound are running on the VM. (OK, I stopped the VM and it made no difference.) Source Code…