openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hello all,

I understand that NTFS is highly not recommended for OMV (which I love so much, thank you for building this software for us). I still want to try it out because I have several hard drives (NTFS) filled with contents. I want to plug them into my OMV server and start using it.

Can someone please let me know how to make OMV support NTFS please.

Thank you very much for your time!

Your help is greatly appreciated!

My future drives will be formatted as EXT4 or whatever OMV recommended.
  • New

Hello.
    I have a problem.
    One of my hard drive is dead...
    I have remove it physically because system blocking at bios.
    I have replace it by another but i have some problem.
    I can't remove thr old hard drive from from web console.
    In journalctl i have this :

Source Code

1. device: Job dev-disk-by\x2dlabel-DD2ToMed.device/start timed out.
    2. oct. 18 10:04:51 OMV-OCTOGONE systemd[1]: Timed out waiting for device d
    3. ev-disk-by\x2dlabel-DD2ToMed.device.

How to remove it manually ?
    If i change some parameters in shared folder i can push button apply but error message appear :

Source Code

1. Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl restart 'sharedfolders-BACKUP\x2dPC\x2dMED.mount' 2>&1' with exit code '1': A dependency job for

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Pinned Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards

tkaiser

Build a low-power NAS with a SBC

Njuilpo

Motherboard suggestion for OMV with PLEX transcoding

tr3bjockey

NTFS Support

syrusstk

MPD Server Guide?

cruachan

Recent Activities

• tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards.

Quote from hanscie: “I have a Odroid C1+ and currently happy with OMV3 on it. I would like to have OMV4 ” This ODROID is stuck on an outdated kernel so no recent Debian and therefore also no recent OMV:
  • Njuilpo -

Replied to the thread Build a low-power NAS with a SBC.

Oh... it seems that this RockPro64 supports 2 2"5 HD AND 2 3"5 HD, which is a total of 4 HD! Nice news, since I have a lot of old disks which can be used for this purpose. So I think I'll look for a Marvell 88SE9215 adapter. About the power supply, I…
  • tr3bjockey -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 Motherboard suggestion for OMV with PLEX transcoding.

You are correct about the power efficiency it's sucking up 220 watts at idle. This is my regular windows 10 PC that I'm testing OMV on via an alternate boot. Then again, it has a power color RX 480 video card. 16GB of overclocked ram. Watercooling…
  • syrusstk -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x NTFS Support.

Quote from Earthlings: “Wow how did you do that. Did you have to install Plug In or anything for it to work? Let me try again with the Left Shift Shut Down thing... Thank you again. ” Will try to make it as simple as possible. If hard drive was…
  • cruachan -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x MPD Server Guide?.

Hi flimaxy, Well my first attempts at running the image resulted in the following error: Source Code (10 lines)Tried with both your suggested settings and the /sharedfolders/xxx variations above but they both failed with the same error. So I seem to…
  • Kari -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Latest iso.

Adoby, thanks. I've been looking and googling for that latest version, stupid me...
  • Kari -

• Adoby -

You install from the old image provided. Then you run an update using the OMV interface. And you will have the latest OMV, all shiny and fresh.
  • syrusstk -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x NTFS Support.

Quote from gderf: “/ntfs is not a valid Container path. Only /data, /config, and /transcode are valid. ” Sorry to disappoint even /bunny is a valid name :)) it does not matter in official plex docker image
  • tobefond -

Replied to the thread OMV for RockPro64 (and other RK3399 devices soon).

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from tkaiser: “I created an OMV4 image for NEO4 but also for NanoPi M4 and NanoPC-T4 again since the older images are using ext4 due to some meanwhile resolved bootloader problem. So please delete OMV_4_NanoPC_T4.img.xz…