openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

• New

Hi. I am a new user for openmediavault. Having a weird issue with the shared Folders.
    I have read and followed these 3 guides:
    1. Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced
    2. OMV + Docker plugin media server (Plex, PlexPy, Ombi, Libresonic, NZBGet, ruTorrent, Sonarr, Radarr, Mylar, and more)
    3. ridwankhan.com/building-an-ope…figuring-omv-ee15322602be
    All works fine until I actually try to move data into the shared folders. For some reason if I use SMB/CIFS plex does not see the files. If I use cloudcmd , them the files are available in plex, but they also go to my install drive instead of my mergersf raid.
    Not sure what logs I should post to get help.
    I try looking in google but no idea how to search for this specific issue. Some pictures , please let me know what logs I should upload.
  • New

Hi, everyone. I recently built my first openmediavault server with a raspberry pi 3b. I then found out that I'm limited to 11mb/second LAN speed because of usb 2.0 and the network hardware sharing the usb bus. I'm looking into alternatives and I'm leaning towards the Libre AML-S905X-CC because of the usb 3 and increased ram. loverpi.com/collections/libre-…ZJiSBWBsW_B1EJIAshD0-dbDk

Is this my best choice for an ultra-low power solution? I'm running 2 8TB USB3 Western Digital external hard drives in Raid 1.
  • New

Good evening all. I'm in the process of migrating from a Synology docker host to an R710 with OMV (media will still reside on the Synology for now). No issues with getting it or Docker up and running, but I'm getting some permissions issues in a couple containers accessing a CIFS mount on that Synology.

For example, Radarr gives me `Folder is not writable by user abc` and Calibre gives me `IOError:[Errno 13] Permission denied: u'/eBooks/Calibre/calibre_test_case_sensitivity.txt'.

I have checked the PGID and PUID settings in each container, as well as making sure that the share is accessible by Everyone with RW access, and making sure the user1 account running the containers has full access in OMV. What am I missing here? What can I do to troubleshoot where the breakage is? Thanks.
  • New

The subject of this thread is simple, or should be I hope - - - what is the very best way to back up the configuration settings of an OMV installation that is up and running smoothly????

Before starting to play with WOL and Plex and a few others I felt it was necessary to be completely confident in how to create and restore a smooth functioning OMV install and all of its configurations.

After jumping in to scour the WEB and the OMV forum I was very surprised at the complexity that confronted me. Threads like the following blew me out the door.

Thread 1, Thread 2, Thread 3

Threads like that have led me into a world of complexity and multiple ideas/solutions where I do not understand why the intense complexity has to exist in the first place. There are a ton of very smart individuals on this forum of whom I have great respect for. I envy their intelligence regarding OMV. The forum and OMV could not exist without wizards like these users.

So, I want to see if this thread can reveal…
  • New

Hello,
    I am trying to set up my Brother MFC-495CW printer to be shared through my OMV rock64.

I have installed the following packages on my OMV rock64, as there are no CUPS drivers included for my printer, and none of the Generic ones work at all (printer goes into a "Receiving Data" loop):
    mfc495cwlpr-1.1.3-1.i386.deb
    mfc495cwcupswrapper-1.1.3-1.i386.deb

I have tried both USB and LPD connections, and have followed instructions in the following link, but nothing prints (even though the Job is marked "Completed"):
    support.brother.com/g/b/downlo…&prod=mfc495cw_all&os=128

I'd appreciate possible solutions to this problem.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Sharedfolders fill the boot disk.

Raspberry Pi alternative with Usb 3

mdadm: only give one device per ARRAY line: /dev/md0 and metadata-1.2

wcage03

Simplifying The OMV Configuration Backup and Restore Process

flmaxey

Wifi adapters support

flmaxey