openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

New OMV Server Hardware Advice needed

Duplicati

Currymunster

Raid Mirror

Currymunster

Add LSI SMI-S Provider to OMV

ryecoaaron

Partition reverted to unformatted state-What gives and can i get everything back with filenames

henfri

Recent Activities

• Currymunster -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Duplicati.

Just checked and it's not installed - Thumbs down! I'll check out the link you sent me - Thumbs up!
  • Currymunster -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid Mirror.

I see - I run a business from home and need certain files to complete invoices, send them and type up quotes so I need it all the time so I'm guessing the RAID Mirror is a good option. However, I do have other files like photos, music and video as well…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Add LSI SMI-S Provider to OMV.

It is possible to install an RPM on Debian but I'm not a fan of this process. I guess you could try it in a VM though.
  • jgkurz -

Unfortunately LSI/Broadcom is only providing SMI-S drivers for the Linux versions I posted. Sounds like those are not compatible with Debian. Thank you for the quick response.
  • ryecoaaron -

You posted instructions on installing the package for CentOS/RHEL/etc. Are there instructions for installing on Debian or Ubuntu? That should be all you need to do.
  • Make a copy of that whole drive before. Google for dd (it is a tool) to clone a disk or use clonezilla.
  • Quote from therock003: “IS there a way to do this without paying ” It can be scary but you should be able to recreate the partition with fdisk as long as you create it exactly the same. extundelete might help you too.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid Mirror.

Quote from Currymunster: “I was on the assumption that if one drive failed you had a fail safe so in a way its backed up?? ” It is safe if one drive fails BUT if you delete a file accidentally, it is gone on both drives instantly. So, that is why it…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Duplicati.

Quote from Currymunster: “How do I tell?? ” If there is a plugin in the list that is named openmediavault-omvextrasorg, then it is installed. I suggest watching these videos otherwise - Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced
  • EvenChu -

Replied to the thread New approach for Raspberry Pi OMV images.

Hi....i am a new user here. In my case I have managed to update the kernel to 3.10.107, fix the memory issues causing instability and have installed OMV. It seems to be running OK but i'm not prepared to use it instead of my RPi.I bought the banana pi…