openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hi, I'm having trouble with "192 Power-Off_Retract_Count" increase on Odroid Hc 2 (Omv 4), despite having added the correction from this link:

wiki.odroid.com/odroid-xu4/troubleshooting/shutdown_script

On a Seagate IronWolf 4 Tb

I'm not a nerd but can understand that this problem smashes the hard drive?

What should I do ?

(I have purchased 2 hc2 to solve the problems that occurred at Cloudshell2 with unstable usb connection / unmount and are now having trouble with "192 Power-Off_Retract_Count" on Hc2 as if the issues will never end :()

Knowing this is not a problem due to openmeidavault but maybe some nerds could give some advice :) - Thanks in advance :)

smartctl 6.6 2016-05-31 r4324 [armv7l-linux-4.14.69-odroidxu4] (local build)
    Copyright (C) 2002-16, Bruce Allen, Christian Franke, smartmontools.org

=== START OF INFORMATION SECTION ===
    Model Family: Seagate IronWolf
    Device Model: ST4000VN008-2DR166
    Serial Number: WDH2XW3K
    LU WWN Device Id: 5 000c50 0aacce2a7
  • New

I have a fresh install of OMV 4.1.3 in a virtual machine in Proxmox, it looks fine after installation. However, after I select all and install the updates in the web UI and restart the VM. The network is gone, in the console, it said that there is no network interface. All I have done is just changed that admin password, generate a SSL certificate and force using SSL in the web UI.

After some digging, I found that the name of the network interface is changed, from enp6s18 to ens18 in my case. I update /etc/network/interfaces manually and the network works again (and then I update the network setting in the web UI too). Things seem to be working now but I am wondering is there any bug in one of the updates?

Any one has similar experience to me?
  • New

Hello everyone!
    I would like to know if there is a way to be able to read a usb device when it is connected so that you can transfer the files that are there without having to change the file system or mount it every time.
    for example, if I wanted to backup a piece of data from my portable usb hdd, how could I do?

I hope to be in the right session and sorry for the trivial question

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

PHP Fatal Error: Uncaught Error

ryecoaaron

URGENT HELP NEEDED - a device got unmounted now I can't remount it

Adoby

Raid fail : how to destroy it ?

ryecoaaron

Odroid hc2 diskparking on OMV4

Adoby

Configuration Backup

ryecoaaron

Recent Activities

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x PHP Fatal Error: Uncaught Error.

Quote from trohn_javolta: “That sury.org/php line?..Damn...I did not add this. It could only be Atomic-Toolkit: github.com/htpcBeginner/AtoMiC-ToolKit I guess.” Technically you did add it. That toolkit looks like it takes over an install which is…
  • trohn_javolta -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x PHP Fatal Error: Uncaught Error.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Huh, those are php 7.2 packages built for jessie. Those definitely didn't come from a Debian repo. What is the output of: cat /etc/apt/sources.list cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/* ” Source Code (12 lines)Source Code (19…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x URGENT HELP NEEDED - a device got unmounted now I can't remount it.

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid fail : how to destroy it ?.

Install the openmediavault-resetperms plugin and it will add a tab - Access Rights Management -> Shared Folders -> Shared Folders in Use. It will show you where it is being referenced.
  • bart70 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Raid fail : how to destroy it ?.

weird, i checked all (smb, plex, rsync, virtualbox) ... is there a way to find what still reference it, a log or something maybe ? (transmission doesn't use it, it's on another shared folder/HD) it's referenced and missing :/
  • Kai -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x URGENT HELP NEEDED - a device got unmounted now I can't remount it.

Thread
    I was working inside OMV and then I logged off (HOWEVER, I may have selected SHUTDOWN by mistake instead of Log Off. I can't recall.). Now I can't get a device remounted so I can access my SMB files. PLEASE HELP.
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread Odroid hc2 diskparking on OMV4.

I used the S.M.A.R.T. tab in the OMV GUI. Devices, /dev/sda, Info and Attributes. nas1: (My first HC2.) Power_cycle_count is 75 Start_stop_count is 952 Power_on_hours is 2007 Power_off_retract_count is 21
  • ryecoaaron -

Huh, those are php 7.2 packages built for jessie. Those definitely didn't come from a Debian repo. What is the output of: cat /etc/apt/sources.list cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Configuration Backup.

Quote from ravennevar: “What steps should I take to revert the Clonezilla installation (i.e. revert the changes made by clicking "Install Clonezilla" under OMV-Extras), including the grub changes? ” rm /etc/grub.d/42_clonezilla rm /boot/clonezilla*.iso
  • trohn_javolta -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from trohn_javolta: “I checked sources.list and all files in /etc/apt/sources.list.d and nowhere is a buster entry.. ” What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep php ” Source Code (36 lines)