openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Guide to OMV 4 Active Directory Integration

Lee

New Help me choose OMV

Keep getting /tmp error messages

PC_Pal68

Mount point

dcovach

WARNING: Do NOT ubgrade to Kernel 4.16 if you use ZFS

flmaxey

Recent Activities

• Lee -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Guide to OMV 4 Active Directory Integration.

I figured it out....(or rather my stupidity) It happens when the UID_MAX is lower than the returned UID...in my case it is 10 digits. I added 9999999999 (10 digit) and it works
  • borngborn -

Posted the thread New Help me choose OMV.

Thread
    So im going back and fourth between using OMV and just regular Ubuntu server with docker. Im wondering since OMV is built on debian would this be possible to install github.com/keylase/nvidia-patch
  • PC_Pal68 -

Replied to the thread Keep getting /tmp error messages.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Update your system to the latest version of OMV from the Updates tab. This was fixed quite a while ago. ” Couldn't upgrade the system through the update management menu. Tought I might have a faulty OS drive. Decided to…
  • dcovach -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Mount point.

For the life of me I can't map this mac folder in OMV remote mount. I can map it in windows 10 using the same //server/share but not in OMV. Any tricks I should know before I give up? Using guest account and no luck.
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update WARNING: Do NOT ubgrade to Kernel 4.16 if you use ZFS.

With the ZOL project being sponsored and ran by the Lawrence Livermore National Lab, well,, that's really powerful backing. (Tax payer funded.) It's no wonder why more is going on in ZOL. Yep, this hiccup with kernel 5 should be resolved in no time.
  • zibbp -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Mount drives without formatting.

Yes, I'm passing the disks through the VM like on my old setup. Linux sees the disks just fine, but it thinks it's weird filesystem and doesn't want to mount or have anything to do with them. Edit: Here's a link showing some images imgur.com/a/KVvfBDr
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Keep getting /tmp error messages.

Update your system to the latest version of OMV from the Updates tab. This was fixed quite a while ago.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Mount drives without formatting.

Quote from zibbp: “No, the disk only appear under the "Disks" tab, not under the File Systems. I can only see them under File Systems if I create a new file system. ” If the Filesystems tab doesn't show them, then Linux doesn't "see" a filesystem. …
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update WARNING: Do NOT ubgrade to Kernel 4.16 if you use ZFS.

Quote from flmaxey: “Now that you mentioned it, I can't help but wonder where the largest ZFS user base is? BSD, Solaris, or Linux? ” Probably solaris in the corporate world but bsd switched to ZoL because there is more work happening on Linux.
  • kenh -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Install OMV on Raspberry.

Thread
    I have downloaded OMV version: OMV_4_Raspberry_Pi_2_3_3Plus.img.xz and installed on Pi3 micro sd with Etcher. Seems to hang at the line: "Started Daily apt upgrade and clean activities." The activity light blinks but never reboots. Have waited over…