openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Sharing OMV shares over the Internet

Jaime

SSD Cache (bcache) for OpenMediaVault?

darkarn

NextCloud Installation Q & A

Epo_Deluxe

Noob: SMB works, NFS worth it?

tkaiser

OMV 3.x USB installation issues

tkaiser

Recent Activities

• Jaime -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Sharing OMV shares over the Internet.

I guess I'll chime in here a bit since I find this thread a bit interesting. I'm curious about this "Also, I hear people say SMB is very insecure, but I know of a lot of Universities/Corporations that have clients map network drives through SMB" because…
  • darkarn -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x SSD Cache (bcache) for OpenMediaVault?.

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from darkarn: “In short, for the purpose of this thread, do I just need to "worry" about how fast the disks are and the interfaces they are using? ” Don't think so. But as already said it depends on the use case. If you…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from aurora: “The operations in general aren't latency intensive ” I think you missed the point. Maybe do a web search for 'bandwidth latency calculator'... And then do a web search for 'openvpn cifs optimization' and stuff like that. This is…
  • Epo_Deluxe -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x NextCloud Installation Q & A.

Thanks for answer. Yesterday i managed to synchronize contacts and calendar between IOS/Outlook and Nextcloud but i can't download or upload any files. While trying to download on of the example pictures i got this error: Source Code (1 line) Thann…
  • aurora -

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from aurora: “They all pay for high-bandwidth internet (200mb/s+) so throughput shouldn't be an issue ” Throughput is never the issue which such setups but latency if they're not very close to you -- you can check this…
  • Epo_Deluxe -

Liked tinh_x7’s post in the thread OMV 3.x NextCloud Installation Q & A.

Like (Post)
  • tkaiser -

Quote from aurora: “They all pay for high-bandwidth internet (200mb/s+) so throughput shouldn't be an issue ” Throughput is never the issue which such setups but latency if they're not very close to you -- you can check this with ping latency. Small…
  • linds1234 -

Liked nicjo814’s post in the thread OMV 2.x openmediavault-docker-gui Testing.

Like (Post)
    Here is another new feature that I think will be of quite good use. I've added the possibility to "modify" the settings on a running container, making it possible to quicky change ports, bind-mounts etc without having to copy the container. This new…
  • aurora -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “I got to the part where you shared samba over the internet and stopped reading. Please stop now and do not share samba (or nfs) over the internet. They are NOT secure enough. 1 - This is your best bet. This is how it is done…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Noob: SMB works, NFS worth it?.

Quote from hophead: “The main issue for me is the odroid xu4 cant even power external HDDs when it is under heavy load ” This is called 'Ohm's law' or undervoltage: forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php…&t=27548&start=50#p196805 The XU4 can provide up to 1.5A…