Odd error that shows up but does not seem to disturb things really

• When I try and Apply changes, I usually get the error below.
    It seems everything works fine anyway, but it is a bit disturbing (it may be the rootcause to some of my other errors I have asked about).

Error #6000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to mount 'media': [mntent]: line 1 in /etc/fstab is bad
    mount: can't find /mnt in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/fstab.inc:90
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(206): OMVModuleFsTab->startService()
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(158): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(224): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #5 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)
    #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
    #8 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
    #9 {main}

And my fstab looks like this:
    cat /etc/fstab

• So I have tried to remove the faulty mount "media" and it is now partly removed.
    Problem now is that the first row in "File System" have all n/a in the cells and ending with the status: Missing.
    Problem is that when I try and delete that one I get following error:

And I cannot add things in Remote share as those changes wont be saved due to following error:

If I accept that yellow header, all seems OK and /etc/fstab looks OK to me. But if I do a revert, all links added for remote shares are gone.

It looks like there are a config file somewhere with the wrong record that I need to remove.
    I am starting to think that a total reinstall is a good next step... :/
    But it should be something simple that is left to do - for anybody except me who just starting to learn 'nix systems.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Seems like you edited manually fstab but you did not edit config.xml to remove the corresponding entry.
    Compare
    omv-showkey mntent

with /etc/fstab see there is one extra.

Lots of people using omv for the first time get confused about using the distro. You have to be aware that it takes full control of some core services and editing things manually makes things worst.
    At the moment I am in discussing a major overhaul of the wiki page to have all this information there.

• Yes I did.
    And snowballed from there...

I realized I needed to do more changes to balance that, but I did not figure out were.
    Thanks for the pointer, I think I can get the system in balance again now.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!