Raspberry Pi2 Installation

• Good Morning / afternoon / evening (depending on location)
    I'm really excited to get up and going on this site.

I've just purchased a Raspberry Pi2 to add to my computing collection and am thinking of using this for a super low power NAS. I aim to access this internally and Externally.

I have only had a quick look at OMV and it looks like a great alternative to FreeNAS which i have used in the past.

Storage wise i will be using USB drives (a few 128gb sticks) or an external HDD. I'm mainly just hosting files so i can share them with my friends who i sometimes work with on photography projects and to centrally hold my work that i submit to magazines etc.

Can anyone advise of any guides out there to install this onto the Pi? Do i need an OS on there first and then install OMV ontop?

I hope someone can help me out as i'm eager to get this going.
    Thanks in advance.
    Geoff

• ks) or an external HDD. I'm mainly just hosting files so i can share them with my friends who i sometimes work with on photography proj

you just have to flash the image on a microsd and you are ready to rock :)

login with the standard password (openmediavault) either on locale or with the webgui and change it to your likeness :)

• Access from outside you have to set up depending on your network configuration. You probably have to set up port forwarding in your router.

OMV 5.x | Banana PI (M1) | Seafile Server
    OMV 4.x | ShuttlePC SH55J2

• I never tried or used owncloud, so I can't tell anything about it.
    I'm using Seafile as Dropbox-like-alternative, and ftp server...

OMV 5.x | Banana PI (M1) | Seafile Server
    OMV 4.x | ShuttlePC SH55J2

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!