No more web access to administer but all services are operational ... help me!

• Hello everyone,

Strangely, after a reboot of my nas, I no longer have access by the IP nas.
    By cons, services remain up and running (transmission, plex ...)
    How do I know what a problem and how to re-route my web interface?
    I tried apt-get upgrade in case but, with few mistakes is nothing to update.
    Thank you in advance for your help, I'm confused.

Ps: I'm french, sorry for my (bad) English

- - - -

Bonjour à tous,

Bizarrement, après un redémarrage de mon nas, je n'ai plus d'accès par l'IP du nas.
    Par contre, les services restent en route et fonctionnent (transmission, plex...)
    Comment puis-je connaître ce qui pose problème et comment remettre en route mon interface web ?
    J'ai essayé un apt-get upgrade au cas où mais, à part quelques erreurs rien n'est à mettre à jour.
    Merci par avance pour votre aide, je suis un peu perdu.

• Thank you to everyone for the help.

I have direct access to the nas (I plugged in a keyboard)
    I essaayé omv-firstaid and I have several mistakes ... (one failed to execute RPC)
    Difficult to make you a copy
    I think there's be a bug in one of the freshest but to know which package ...

Finally I managed to connect me ssh

Here is what sends me omv-firstaid when I ask a port 80

Code
    # omv-firstaid
    Updating web administration settings. Please wait ...
    {"response":null,"error":{"code":4000,"message":"Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; nginx -t 2>&1': nginx: [emerg] invalid number of arguments in \"proxy_set_header\" directive in \/etc\/nginx\/openmediavault-webgui.d\/sub.conf:4\nnginx: configuration file \/etc\/nginx\/nginx.conf test failed","trace":"exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; nginx -t 2>&1': nginx: [emerg] invalid number of arguments in \"proxy_set_header\" directive in \/etc\/nginx\/openmediavault-webgui.d\/sub.conf:4\nnginx: configuration file \/etc\/nginx\/nginx.conf test failed' in \/usr\/share\/openmediavault\/engined\/module\/webserver.inc:41\nStack trace:\n#0 \/usr\/share\/openmediavault\/engined\/rpc\/config.inc(180): OMVModuleNginxAbstract->applyConfig()\n#1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)\n#2 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#3 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)\n#4 \/usr\/sbin\/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Config', 'applyChanges', Array, Array, 1)\n#5 {main}"}}
    Failed to execute RPC (service=Config, method=applyChanges)

An idea ?

• According to the message it is the directive proxy_set_header in the file /etc/nginx/openmediavault-webgui.d/sub.conf.
    I would move away the file from the directory. If that fixes the problem you need to find out what is the purpose of the file. Btw, I do not have the file so I assume it is something added by a plugin.
    Check the directive and try to fix it.

Just my two cents

OMV 2.x - Kralizec // Hardware: HP Microserver N54L, 4GB RAM, 2x3TB WD Red - RAID 1, Sandisk SSD 60GB for system

• Thank you for your answers.
    I use OMV 2.1 (memory) with some plug-ins: Sabnzb, Transmission, Plex, etc.
    I want to try to move the specified file but command line is not too much in my skills ... could you tell me what to do?

• Thank you for your answers.
    I use OMV 2.1 (memory) with some plug-ins: Sabnzb, Transmission, Plex, etc.
    I want to try to move the specified file but command line is not too much in my skills ... could you tell me what to do?

You do have access to the commandline via ssh or directly on the console of your OMV system, don't you?
    so log in as root and issue:

Code
    cd /etc/nginx/openmediavault-webgui.d
    mv sub.conf sub.conf.disabled
    /etc/init.d/nginx reload

Then this file is disabled. Nginx need to re-read the config so the last command should do that (I think, don't kill me if it doesn't ;) )

Does the GUI work then?

OMV 2.x - Kralizec // Hardware: HP Microserver N54L, 4GB RAM, 2x3TB WD Red - RAID 1, Sandisk SSD 60GB for system

• Great !
    it worked !

Thank you all for helping out.

SlashOpt, is that you can explain to me what has been a problem ... do I have removed a module or is it just a bug?
    Thanks again !

• Great !
    it worked !

Thank you all for helping out.

SlashOpt, is that you can explain to me what has been a problem ... do I have removed a module or is it just a bug?
    Thanks again !

So you renamed the file and afterwards the GUI worked again?
    Then yes, you disabled something and you need to fix that! I don't know where 'sub.conf' comes from but I assume that some plugin has put it there to add a management page (or something like that) to the web server config.
    Maybe you can post the content of the file here and we can find out what it's purpose is or maybe we can find a fix for the directive when we have a look at the content.
    Something must be missing on your server now. Not in the OMV GUI but some additional web page used to manage something. Quite possible that when you re-generate the config of the plugin which introduced this file the problem comes back.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!