Suggestions please! Best and *Free* way to backup iOS photos to OMV?

• In Android I find an app which use rsync and in turn sync almost everything to OMV shares, but in iOS it seems it lacks of (at least the free one). How you guys using iOS use OMV to backup? Suggestions please :)

• Nextcloud app can do this
    But you have to manually install because there's no plugin for Nextcloud on OMV
    Plex can also work ;)

English isn't my native language, so, sorry if I make mistakes ^^

OMV 7.0.3-1 | Linux 6.1.0-18-amd64 | openmediavault-omvextrasorg 7.0

• Offizieller Beitrag

Check out photosync. You can set it to sync anytime you are on your home wireless. I've been using it for a while. I think I am using the free version. If not, $2 or $3 is more than worth it.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• What about Resilio (old name is bittorrentSync).

This allows you synchronizing folders between your PC and phone.
    It works over the bittorrent protocol so it is fast, safe and reliable.

There is apparently an app on iphone which allows you keeping your camera roll always in sync. You have an option to prevent it running if not on wifi to save your data plan ;)

Seems there was a plugin for bittorrentSync in OMV 2.0, but it is not available for OMV 3...

BTW, better to go with the latest version, i.e. Resilio, as in your case, it requires a mobile app, so you need something that would be supported for a longer time.

• Check out photosync. You can set it to sync anytime you are on your home wireless. I've been using it for a while. I think I am using the free version. If not, $2 or $3 is more than worth it.

Someone from another forum suggested this app also, supports many protocols but it needs to be paid now -

• Is that mean not an option for OMV 3.x? My current installation is 3.x.

• I just installed it yesterday.

I'm running a standard Debian 8 release with OMV 3, so I installed Resilio as standalone.

The counter-side is that I cannot use OMV dashboard to manage and monitor Resilio service...

However the install and config are very easy.

I installed the Sync app on my iPhone and managed to backup all my pictures (~ 40GB of photos and videos).

However, it looks like the app is not backuping the photos while running in background. I will continue testing, but for the moment, I could not find a more simple solution.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Someone from another forum suggested this app also, supports many protocols but it needs to be paid now -

$2 or $3 is a big investment...

However, it looks like the app is not backuping the photos while running in background. I will continue testing, but for the moment, I could not find a more simple solution.

This is why I like photosync. Never have to do anything with it and all it needs on the server is ssh/sftp.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Spent a night I just mastered the manual installation of the nextcloud server as well as the let's encrypt things :D looks very nice at the moment
    The company is located in:
    Will try the sync / backup things tonight :thumbup:

Does the Nextcloud server work for you ? if yes , i'll try it to backup anything for my iPhone,

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!