Realtek Firmware issue on clean install of OMV 3

• Upgraded my other OMV server from 2.X to 3.0.79 using a CD install. All went well and I seemed to be connected online and I could SSH in and get the webGUI. However, it refused to update even through the CLI and I could not install OMV extras. After doing another clean install, same thing. After much finding of faults, I isolated it to the realtek firmware not being properly loaded. I then used one of the multitude of other USB to Lan adapters I have luckily to hand, set it up within the webGUI and got all working. However , cannot install CUPS due to broken packages (thats another story). If someone has the joyous task of recompiling the kernel for an update, I would hope the realtek firmware is all present and correct (I don't envy that one)! I am now off to scream at something as I have wasted (well I quite enjoy troubleshooting) trying to get CUPS installed..... :(

HP N54L Microserver, 20Gb Intel SSD, 4Gb RAM runing OMV 4.X
    HP N54L Microserver 20Gb Intel SSD, 8Gb RAM running OMV 4.X
    and loads of other PC's and NAS... OMV by far the best....
    (P.S. I hate Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 Vista, XP, 2K, ME, 98se, 98 and 95 - I have lost hours of my life to this windows virus)

• I've read through that thread prior to posting and tried all possible solutions in it. I just need a way to purge/repair the broken packages in the cli..

(P.S. I hate Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 Vista, XP, 2K, ME, 98se, 98 and 95 - I have lost hours of my life to this windows virus)

• Yes, all sources seem to be working...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!