No volumes in Shared Folders

• Hi all,
    I found other threads about this kind of problem, even in "solutions to common problems", but I I couldn't solve the problem. Hope you can help me!
    I did a clean install of OMV 3, system upgraded to 3.0.99. After mounting the drives, I can't select them from volumes in Shared Folders.

I have to use the NTFS drives and I can't format them. I also tried to shutdown the server and exchange the SATA data cables, no results...
    I would like to specify that I used SSH only to update the system and configure the static IP for the server, I always mount the drives from GUI!

Output "omv-showkey mntent":

Output "blkid":

Code
    root@CarfRip-NAS:~# blkid
    /dev/sda1: UUID="a38ac641-7746-4a51-85a1-47b0f034b4cb" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="fbcfd137-01"
    /dev/sda5: UUID="e647d64d-667f-4ca5-944b-6e40ed12a00e" TYPE="swap" PARTUUID="fbcfd137-05"
    /dev/sdb1: LABEL="CarfRip Series 1TB" UUID="92B85729B8570ADD" TYPE="ntfs" PARTUUID="9e73f74e-01"
    /dev/sdc1: LABEL="WD 3TB" UUID="75C8F79D3F456C46" TYPE="ntfs" PARTUUID="eaad988a-4dca-4393-86d0-e9f70fc6e0a7"

Output "cat /etc/fstab":

Hope someone can help me ;(;(;( Thank you all!

• Problem solved! Only God knows how stupid I am...
    Obviously the system can't accept spaces in the labels.

If it were to help someome:

- Unmount drives to be renamed from GUI

- SSH

- blkid to list devices

- ntfslabel /dev/sdX1 "new-disk-label" to rename NTFS drives in X position

- e2label /dev/sdX1 "new-disk-label" to rename Linux file system drives (ext/ext3) in X position

- Mount drives from GUI

In my case (NTFS drive): ntfslabel /dev/sdb1 "CarfRip-TVSeries"

• Offizieller Beitrag

It probably has to do with the evil spaces in your filesystem labels. It isn't possible to create a name with a space in the label from the OMV web interface. I would unmount them and re-label them on a windows box.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Problem solved! Only God knows how stupid I am...
    Obviously the system can't accept spaces in the labels.

Yep, spaces are evil.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!