VirtualBox Error

• OMV 3.x
    • Resolved
    • VirtualBox Error

Ok so I decided to upgrade to v4, shutdown and created an image of my usb just in case, however once restarted to then begin the upgrade I receive the following;

Error #0:
      exception 'Exception' with message 'Could not connect to host (127.0.0.1:18083/)' in /usr/share/phpvirtualbox/endpoints/lib/vboxconnector.php:220
      Stack trace:
      #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/virtualbox.inc(136): vboxconnector->connect()
      #1 [internal function]: OMV\Engined\Rpc\VirtualBox->getMachines(Array, Array)
      #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getMachines', Array, Array)
      #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('VirtualBox', 'getMachines', Array, Array, 1)
      #5 {main}

I have done some searching but to be honest I'm not sure where to start.....I have downloaded the virtual disk so in effect I could remove VB and just reinstall once the upgrade has completed, but I would also like to fix the error.
      Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?
    • Giancky79 wrote:

you have problem with acl on folder you use for Virtualbox. Serching on ACL permission vbox and give him a RW permission
      That appears to be Ok, but after a restart I'm now getting this;

Source Code

1. Error #0:
      2. exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl start 'virtualbox-web' 2>&1' with exit code '1': A dependency job for virtualbox-web.service failed. See 'journalctl -xn' for details.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175
      3. Stack trace:
      4. #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(86): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 1)
      5. #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(104): OMV\System\SystemCtl->exec('start', NULL, false)
      6. #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/virtualbox.inc(107): OMV\System\SystemCtl->enable(true)
      7. #3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(194): OMV\Engined\Module\VirtualBox->startService()
      8. #4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)
      9. #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      10. #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(150): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
      11. #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(528): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatus4Y...', '/tmp/bgoutput7K...')
      12. #8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(151): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))
      13. #9 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(213): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)
      14. #10 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)
      15. #11 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      16. #12 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
      17. #13 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
      Display All
    • Hi geaves,
      you may first check and install the necessary Linux Headers for virtualbox.

Source Code

1. apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r)

and then try this three commands:

Source Code

1. dpkg-reconfigure virtualbox-dkms
      2. dpkg-reconfigure virtualbox
      3. modprobe vboxdrv
      Hope this helps.
      OpenMediaVault 4.x (most recent stable version) -- 64 bit -- OMV-Extras 4.x (most recent stable version) -- Default Kernel
    • topi wrote:

Hi geaves,
      you may first check and install the necessary Linux Headers for virtualbox.

Source Code

1. apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r)
      and then try this three commands:

Source Code

1. dpkg-reconfigure virtualbox-dkms
      2. dpkg-reconfigure virtualbox
      3. modprobe vboxdrv
      Hope this helps.
      Thanks, tried those but still the error The VM session was closed before any attempt to power it on.

All I wanted to do was to upgrade to OMV4 :(