Files by samba very slow

• Hola Jose,

There is very little information for us to go about. Can you give us some more info ? (hardware, configuration, etc... )

Can you try pinging the server and send us the results ?

Thanks
    Chris

CPU : CORE i7-2600 3.4Ghz
    RAM : 8Go RAM DDR3
    HDD : 4x3To WD Red
    OMV 4.1.7 Arrakis

• Tengo la placa base ASRock J4205-ITX, pero me está dando algunos problemas con una transferencia de samba muy lenta, y la devolveré, para comprar otra que sea 100x100 compatible.
    Can you recommend a mini- ITX motherboard?1.

I have the ASRock J4205-ITX motherboard, but it is giving me some problems with a very slow samba transfer, and I'm going to return it, to buy another one that is 100x100 compatible.
    Can you recommend a mini- ITX motherboard?

• The issue may be with the C States setting. Ever since the Bay Trail series (j1800/1900), Intel embedded J series processors have had random freezing/slowdowns under Linux. While a high severity bug has been open for years, this hadn't been fixed. Intel hasn't addressed it either, both because it's intermittent and because this segment is a low margin, low profit segment for the company.

One of the most noticeable symptoms of this problem is transfers slowing to a crawl, which is what you have.

If you still have the board, try to disable C States and see if that fixes the issue. This can be done in the BIOS/UEFI on many boards. If you are comfortable editing GRUB settings, you can fix it there instead by adding: intel_idle.max_cstate=1 to the "GRUB CMDLINE..." entry instead.

There may very well be other issues, but this is easy to test, so may be something you may wish to try. I don't know your specific issues, but I am familiar with the hardware family you are using with the symptoms you have.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have a QNAP TS-451 with a J1800 that has been running OMV for a few years. It has no problems saturating gigabit via samba or nfs with no custom settings on anything. And it did this with OMV 2.x then 3.x and now 4.x.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I have the same board and no problems with smb speed. Bios power saving options are all enabled.

I have a QNAP TS-451 with a J1800 that has been running OMV for a few years. It has no problems saturating gigabit via samba or nfs with no custom settings on anything. And it did this with OMV 2.x then 3.x and now 4.x.

I think that's part of the issue, its intermittent. Certain hardware combinations are completely unaffected, even with the same base hardware. I myself have two J1900 based untangle boxes that ran for years until they were pulled in an upgrade, yet a Gigabyte box that had similar specs froze up daily until I applied the c states line in GRUB.

Its still on the Debian Wiki as an unresolved potential installation issue (and includes the fix I recommended above). The bug tracker on Kernel.org has almost 1000 entries from over 200 contributors, so I think its real. There's just no concrete answer why it impacts some systems and not others.

But, its something I'd check on an Intel "J" processor system when its a fairly new Linux based install and suddenly slows down. Just one step though, we all know it could be lots of things.

• The 'it works for me answer' shouldn't express that it has to work for the thread starter as well without any additional try and fail. In fact I wanted to show the possibility to get the board working, to save some money cause there may not be the necessity to buy a new one.
    Your answer to the problem is much appreciated cause it shows a possible solution.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!