Network card

• Hi Guys,

I do have a question concerning a network card, are any recommendations? I need really a fast one as I also stream movies and right now Plex is suffering a bit. Also DLNA makes trouble so far.

regards
    openalf

• Offizieller Beitrag

Intel EXPI9301CTBLK works well for me in three systems.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Even if you got a 100mbit network card video stream should not lag unless you use stream some 3D Full Bluray ISO...

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Funny, because all my movies are in mp4. When I talk stream then I mean the stream outside my network to my second flat which I use during the week. And I do have no clue what makes the system that slow.
    That's why I thought I could fix this by a network card.

• By "outside your network" do you mean over the internet?

Why do you think a new network card would speeden up things OVER THE INTERNET?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• You should not try to stream the original file format over the web via DLNA. That is what transcoding is for on plex. You can't expect the same video quality once you're off your lan. You are dealing with much slower upload/download rates via your ISP then on your home lan.

That is not enough to stream.

• Openalf, grab mediainfo or use the codec information that is present in vlc.

What do you see? Right, you see that the bitrates of your video files are between 4 and aproximately 25mbit+ (untouched blurays may even have higher bitrates!)

Now tell me, how do you want to get 4mbit (and higher) of information per second over a road that just can pass through 2mbit per second?

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!