Currently Using KVM? I need to avert global disaster!

• Is anyone currently using KVM? Are you using it with webvirtmanager or something else? I have a secret plan to (take over the world) avert a global disaster and I need to use KVM. No Proxmox will not work. Please let me know here.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Proxmox is kvm but... I used to use kvm/qemu for arm images and have used it from time to time using the command line. I did a little testing with cockpit as well. What disaster are you trying to avoid?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Just a play on words or worlds. I am working on my OMV Fortnight project.

I need KVM to pass through the video card.

The last guide is from three years ago. I am looking for someone with more recent experience.

[GUIDE] How to install KVM + WebvirtMgr Jul 28th 2016+1

Question & Discussion about KVM + WebvirtMgr

• Offizieller Beitrag

The last guide is from three years ago. I am looking for someone with more recent experience.

The guide is really meant to help setup webvirtmgr. kvm without it works just fine on OMV without a guide. If you don't want to use cockpit and/or the command line, I would look at the guides on setting up webvirtmgr in a docker instead of the mess that it is setting it up on OMV itself.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

• Webvirtmgr is not being maintained anymore. I think the easiest way to do it right now, would be cockpit. I was looking for something that would be quick and clean, but my research is not turning up anything that is being maintained.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Webvirtmgr is not being maintained anymore. I think the easiest way to do it right now, would be cockpit. I was looking for something that would be quick and clean, but my research is not turning up anything that is being maintained.

proxmox and cockpit are about the only thing being maintained. I think cockpit might be better than webvirtmgr was anyway.

• I've installed qemu in my omv4 with a passend through CineS2 PCIe-Card.
    For setting-up my VMs i'm using the omv-remotedesktop, so i can do everything in the virtual Maschine manager using my tablet. No need for Cockpit, webwirtmgr or proxmox...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!