Trying to find the slow point

• OMV 0.5, 4 drives in RAID10 ext4. AMD E350 with 4GB RAM. I'm transferring data to it now and getting 16-25MB/sec. I feel the hardware on both ends should be more than able to handle faster transfers.

Using the WebUI, the CPU is working but staying around or below 40%. RAM is about 21% used. Not sure what's the hold up. I'd like to see the WebUI show a network interface status bar and a disk I/O status bar, I think that could help people know where some bottlenecks might be happening at a quick glance.

But I'm stil trying to track down my slowness issues first.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try the iotop command also.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Have you had better speed with those settings?

I read this article and wonder if lower settings would improve, reduce or have the speed stay the same.

How many error packets are there? I believe ifconfig should show them like;

Code
    eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr b9:2a:ec:bd:16:b9
              inet addr:192.168.1.12  Bcast:192.168.1.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
              UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
              RX packets:164524 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
              TX packets:2723 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
              collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
              RX bytes:8227991 (7.8 MiB)  TX bytes:339972 (332.0 KiB)

I would use ifconfig after each run from the above article.

• I have the same CIFS/SMB performance (19 - 23 MB/sec) with no excessive load on the CPU. My setup is a Asus E35M1-i http://forums.openmediavault.o…pic.php?f=8&t=2680#p17925.
    I tried to meassure the linkspeed with iperf. I showed me a raw speed over the nic of approx 995 Mb/sec. So the onboard Realtek 8111E gigabit nic is performing as expected.

If you want to have SMB speeds above the 25 MB/sec it seems that you will have to go the route of jumbo frames.
    For me this is not an option since we have many laptops accessing the nas through wireless - and wireless doesn't support jumboframes.

It would have been great if jumbo frames were an autonegotiated option for units where the link route supported it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!