[EXT4 on OMV 0.5] Defragmentation

• I'd like to check the fragmentation of the partitions managed by OMV.
    Is there a mean to achieve this on OMV's backend Debian 6?
    I cannot find a e4defrag tool for Debian.
    Help appreciated.
    Thanks!

HP Proliant Microserver N40L - 8Go RAM - ESXi 6 - 1*250Go + 2*3To + 1*650Go - OMV 2.x installed

• Hmm... I just checked, my OMV machine doesn't have it onboard but my wheezy machine has. If I didn't missunderstood it should be part of the e2fsprogs utils, so maybe the queeze version didn't have this onboard. It also seems that you may need more kernel modules to implement the defragmentation feature.

BTW: While I was googling I found this comment, you might want to think about it ;)

Zitat

I will give you good advice – _never_ talk about Linux file systems fragmentation (unless you want to be burned at the stake).

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag

e2fsprogs on squeeze isn't new enough to have e4defrag. Wheeezy has it though. So, omv 0.6 will have it.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!