Minecraft McMyAdmin on OpenMediaVault

• Offizieller Beitrag

Look for a guide setting it up on Debian Squeeze.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Linux

apt-get install unzip

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Tanks but now i'm having another problem
    I have created a new user with the UI named Minecraft and added it to the grops users, ssh but when i try to log in with putty i get a "Could not chdir to home directory /home/Minecraft: No such file or directory" error i can log in with the root user no problem

• Offizieller Beitrag

As root:

Code
    mkdir /home/Minecraft
    chown Minecraft:users /home/Minecraft

• Ok fixed most off it but it want me to update my java from 1.6.0 to 1.7.0 or newer but the apt-get install openjdk-7-jre gives me "Could not find the package openjdk-7-jre

• You need to manually install it.

http://www.sysadminslife.com/l…n-unter-debian-6-squeeze/

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• As mcmyadmin does not have a daemon, you have to start this up via screen. (you need to have screen installed obviously..)

Then edit your startup:

Code
    crontab -e

add the following line below "# m h dom mon dow command"

Code
    @reboot cd /home/minecraft/McMyAdmin && screen -dmS McMyAdmin ./MCMA2_Linux_x86_64
  • I cant seeam to get screens to work. its installed but i'm uncertain how to write the screen command and what to look for and if i sould run it as root or my Minecraft user.

i found this line to use

Code
    echo "screen -dmS Yourdesiredscreenname java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui" > start.sh

and i midified it like this

Code
    echo "screen -dmS Minecraftserv cd ~/McMyAdmin; ./MCMA2_Linux_x86_64" > cd ~/McMyAdmin; ./MCMA2_Linux_x86_64

also tried theese variations

Code
    echo "screen -dmS Minecraftserv cd ~/McMyAdmin; ./MCMA2_Linux_x86_64"
    echo "screen -dmS Minecraftserv cd ~/McMyAdmin; ./MCMA2_Linux_x86_64" > ./MCMA2_Linux_x86_64
  • you defenitely need the full path of McMyadmin.
    What your script does, it makes a new file called "start.sh" and adds the line before. It does not start anything.

You have to make it runable via

Code
    chmod +x start.sh

and then run it via

Code
    ./start.sh

IF it does its job right, it opens a screen and starts the minecraft server.jar. but ONLY if the start.sh is located in the same directory as your minecraft_server.jar

And this is also not autostart-able... Have you tried my idea? does it not work? what is the output?

• @reboot cd /home/minecraft/McMyAdmin && screen -dmS McMyAdmin ./MCMA2_Linux_x86_64 did nothing and as i cant be connected with putty when i restart the computer i cant see eny output att all (if i cant run the command as is dident try that)

--edit--
    tried using the command as is and i get a -bash:@reboot: the command dose not exist

• Gimme a minute. I make you a daemon script...

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Check if the script works.

Code
    ./McMyAdmin start

If it does, copy it to /etc/init.d/ and install it to your "autostart" via

Code
    update-rc.d McMyAdmin defaults

Greetings
    David

• I have no ide what a daemon script is or how to use it. tried making a file named start.sh and put the code in it. then i put it in the McMyAdmin folder and tried to run the
    ./McMyAdmin start
    and got a
    -dash: ./McMyAdmin: Permission denied (used it as the Minecraft user)

• You need to make it executable, of course, so chmod +x.

Edit: If it works, then check if it runs (mcmyadmin). If it does not run check /var/log/McMyAdmin.log

Greetings
    David

• My bad. Run it as root, please. (script does su - minecraftuser <--------- YOU NEED TO CHANGE THAT IN THE SCRIPT TO THE CORRECT USER!)

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!