Installing Openmediavault on Xenserver (or xen)

• Hey all,

I'm new to OMV and thought I would try to give back a little bit. I've been using Amahi for a year or 2 and will be migrating over to OMV here pretty quick.

In all of my testing, I've been documenting stuff as I go along. Since installing OMV on Xenserver was a little less straight forward, I though I would post it here:

http://peterjolson.com/install…nmediavault-on-xenserver/

Hope this helps someone! Let me know if you have any questions.

• I noticed that both 'linux-image-xen-amd64' and 'linux-image-2.6-xen-amd64' are missing.

Code
    apt-get install linux-image-2.6-xen-amd64

I had this error:

Zitat

Package linux-image-2.6-xen-amd64 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source

Could anyone give me some ideas?

• Thanks Wast! Could you please advise at what stage I can restore the /etc/openmediavault/config.xml?

You can't do that.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I noticed that both 'linux-image-xen-amd64' and 'linux-image-2.6-xen-amd64' are missing

Sorry to bring up this old thread. I found a proper answer to this problem.

linux-image-xen-amd64 package does not exist in Debian Wheezy, because the default kernel (linux-image-3.2.0-4-amd64) supports xen.Or in another word, "This kernel also runs on a Xen hypervisor. It supports both privileged (dom0) and unprivileged (domU) operation." (https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/linux-image-3.2.0-4-amd64)

I clean installed the new released OMV 2.1.7 stone burner yesterday in my Xen hypervisor. The OMV vm boots as pv out of box. ;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!