Virtualbox install error

• Hi,

the update manager displayes an error:

Please fix it; thank You and many greetings!

2 BananaPi, 1 OrangePiPC+, 1 OrangePiPC with OMV 6.0.x

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can't fix it. Oracle pulled the 4.3.10 update.

** edit - looks like they just put it back (squeeze is there but no wheezy yet). Try Apt Clean in the omv-extras plugin and then try reinstalling.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Tekkbebe: The answer you gave is BS to me. I don't disable any repo on my software for which I use software. You don't disable the Debian repos when you don't want theire updates? Or do you want to prevent getting security updates? ...

The Virtualbox repo for 4.3 is still broken completely, all versions are not updateable. Neither Squeeze nor Wheezy.

http://download.virtualbox.org…contrib/v/virtualbox-4.3/

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• David, you are full of shit. With Vbox there are drivers and upgrading breaks it a lot. It is not like normal package upgrades and you do not need to do every upgrade on it right away. Case in point, the upgrade that these people were doing was pulled by Oracle. So, maybe you should look before you leap.

• Judging, let alone from the changelog, it fixed nearly 20 bugs ;)

Heres the reason why the version was pulled: https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=60871

A new release should be already on its way, and this problem was only affecting linux hosts as it seems.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• I stand by what I said. There is no reason to jump on an upgrade right away. I check for upgrades about every 2-3 weeks on Vbox. There is not a problem with disabling a repo and then enabling it later to check for upgrades. The last thing I want is to do some upgrades and accidentally upgrade vbox to find errors when I'm in the middle of working on something on a virtual machine.

• Hi,
    I do not understand this thread.

@david2hk:
    kannst du bitte übersetzen, was für mich zutreffend ist?
    Klar ist , dass für Fehler 404 niemand vom OMV-Team etwa kann ... soweit komme ich noch mit.

Danke vielmals und herzliche Grüße.

2 BananaPi, 1 OrangePiPC+, 1 OrangePiPC with OMV 6.0.x

• Abwarten und Tee trinken...

Gruß
    David

• Zeitverschwendung

Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

** edit - looks like they just put it back (squeeze is there but no wheezy yet). Try Apt Clean in the omv-extras plugin and then try reinstalling.

• Omavoss, updaten sollte wieder gehen.

Updates are back online.

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!