ACL Dialog Broken?

• Hey fellas, I'm not sure what's happened (I'm pretty sure this wasn't an issue till now) but for some reason, when I try to open the ACL dialog for my largest shared directory, I only get the greyed-out window with the little "Loading" circle, which stays forever. I'm able to open the ACL dialog for other folders, which have between 50-100 folders in the share, but the largest one is closer to 6000. I think it's stalling trying to populate that leftmost directory tree.

Is there something I can do to fix it?

• What type of CPU are you using? OS Disk?

6000 Folders in one shared folder may be over the top which OpenMediaVault can handle at this time. Keep in mind that it is thought to be for home and small office usage.

The WebGUI should get a speed increase with the jump to Debian Wheezy (Version Kralizec).

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag

With Kralizec and a fast server(dual xeon e5620), the ACL dialog does not come up (at least not after three continuations in chrome) with a folder with 6000 folders in it. This may be a tough one to fix.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• It's an older P4 3Ghz with 4 gigs of DDR2. CPU usage is usually less than 5% The OS disk is a 160GB WD Green. The server is really zippy and seems to run just fine except for this one issue, which I only just discovered today. I'm not sure if an update changed the way permissions are handled or what, but I noticed that I was no longer able to move / edit / delete files from shares. I was able to go into the ACL for the other shares and give "sambashare" and "users" read/write permissions, which corrected the issue for the other shares, but on this one share, I was just unable to get the ACL dialog to populate, even leaving it open for around 30 minutes didn't populate it.

When I tried it in Firefox and was offered the option to stop the script, I did. The window was then no longer greyed out and I was able to change the permissions, which made it so that I was then able to delete the file that I had been trying to, but I'm not sure since I stopped the script if the change was actually applied to all folders, or just the ones that were able to be loaded before the script seized up.

Thanks for a quick response though :)

P.S. Maybe if that .js which populates the folder tree on the left could be made to only populate what's in the field of view depending on the position of the slider? Iunno.

Edit: After checking for a real number, I exaggerated the number of folders in that directory, it looks like I have 3996 right now, but that fluctuates a bit.

• Offizieller Beitrag

My test script created 6000 folders for a total of 6003.

This is just a case where it is a slow process. It loads the folders and the acl permissions for each one. It is worth file a bug report though.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

Bug report filed here.

• Volker already fixed the problem, but for now it's just for Kralizec, not Sardaukar. Maybe Volker will backport it to Sardaukar too, but the main focus lies on Kralizec now. ;)

Zitat

Fixed in openmediavault 0.6.0.6, see http://sourceforge.net/p/openmediavault/code/1008.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!