[2014-09-26 07:01:52]     main: Forked Media Server Version 21.0 taking off
    [2014-09-26 07:01:53]     main: mDNS init
    [2014-09-26 07:03:44]     main: Forked Media Server Version 21.0 taking off
    [2014-09-26 07:03:44]     main: mDNS init
    [2014-09-26 07:03:44]     mdns: Avahi state change: Client running
    [2014-09-26 07:03:49]     scan: Bulk library scan completed in 1 sec
    [2014-09-26 08:11:04]     main: Got SIGHUP

Here is bootlog

We can see that at 7:01:53 Daapd starts, then shows another start at 7:03:44 which is 40 seconds after monit starts as we can see in the last line at bootlog. Every time omv starts I get a monit alert service does exist, then another alert service exist for daapd.

I taken a look at the rc5 order, Daapd is one of the first services, monit is the last one, as I configured this way by overriding insserv. Anyone has any idea why the double start, does Daapd needs a dependency that hasn't been loaded at the first start attempt?

kind regards

update: I think it has to do with Avahi, daapd may be failing to start if mDNS is not running, i'll see if putting the daapd in between fixes that.
    update2: it is avahi, daapd needs to start after the mDNS daemon. No more boot messages in my mail.

• update2: it is avahi, daapd needs to start after the mDNS daemon. No more boot messages in my mail.

Set to resolved. ;)

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Zitat

update: I think it has to do with Avahi, daapd may be failing to start if mDNS is not running, i'll see if putting the daapd in between fixes that.
    update2: it is avahi, daapd needs to start after the mDNS daemon. No more boot messages in my mail.

I am having the same problem, but I do not know what is meant with "putting the daapd in between". Can you please explain what to do?.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is being a long time. Checking my machine i have an override for forked-daap and monit to start at the end.

/etc/insserv/overrides/forked-daapd

Then the override for monit

/etc/insserv/overrides/monit

Code
    ### BEGIN INIT INFO
    # Provides:          monit
    # Required-Start:    $all
    # Required-Stop:     $all
    # Default-Start:     2 3 4 5
    # Default-Stop:      0 1 6
    # Short-Description: service and resource monitoring daemon
    ### END INIT INFO

After adding the overrides you should run update-rc.d monit defaults && update-rc.d forked-daap defaults

reboot and see if this time you get no mail notification

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!