Dying Disk - Unbootable System - Help?

• Hoping this Ubuntu newb can get some help.

One of my drives is failing and causing OMV to refuse to boot. It's asking me to run fsck manually (DRDY ERROR) but doing so tells me there is a bad superblock and invalid ext2 file system. I can provide screenshots and further details if you like. Seems I get the "bad superblock" even if I try and run fsck on one of the other drives in my system so maybe I am just going about this the wrong way. Just want to let Ubtuntu have the chance to check this drive, mark any errors, boot into OMV, copy off as much data from it as I can, then swap the drive out. Right now OMV won't even boot, and if I CTRL-D to try, it runs into a heap of errors along the way (I think after several hours it finally got in, but I've since rebooted again and back to the stuck point with the DRDY error at 95% and the manual ask to run an fsck I can't seem to get to run).

I don't use any sort of RAID in my system at all, just a separate drive and file system on each physical disk. So there is no danger of data loss across volumes. Still, I'd like to get the system booting and recover as much data as I can before I swap out this drive.

Can anyone help me get the fsck command or other command I need to run on this drive at the command prompt so I can at least get in?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!