Can't unmount or delete RAID

• Hello everyone

I have been testing OMV 1.12 a little bit in a virtual environment and just recently installed it on my NAS (HP ProLiant Gen8). After setting up a shared folder called "Volume1" with the path "/", I was no longer able to delete it. I had a feeling this was due to the RAID being named "Volume1" too.

After removing all the users (only extplorer and vbox), terminating all the services and checking that no reference to the shared folder is left, I was still not able to delete the share. I then deleted the lines in the config.xml and the folder was gone. However, I still can't unmount or delete under "file systems" or "raid management".

Could anyone give me a hint how I could resolve this? Would it be quicker to reinstall?

Thanks a lot in advance for your advice!

• Offizieller Beitrag

If the shared folder is being indicated as being used....is being used in another service even if is disabled.
    You can check in the config.xml how is that shared folder being referenced by other services by their uuid.

• Thanks for that valuable piece of information! It seems that the Plex Media Server plugin was referencing the file system although it was disabled. Now I understand what the column "Referenced" means :). Perhaps it's advisable to install and configure the plugins after having at least one share?

Is that kind of behaviour intended though? I think it would be very helpful, especially for new users, if the referencing information were be visible.

• We, and especially Volker, are aware of this issue but as of today there is no solution to that problem. But it is on the Roadmap...

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Same problem

Doc : http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=884556</a>
    And I thing, you can do : (i have 2 disk)

mdadm --zero-superblock /dev/sdc
    mdadm --zero-superblock /dev/sdb

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!