openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hallo zusammen,
    ich würde gerne von extern auf meine Ordner zugreifen.
    Könnt ihr eine app für Android empfehlen?
    Eine VPN zu meiner fritzbox, habe ich schon bereits eingerichtet.

Ab und an würde ich auch gerne mal einen Ordner mit freunden Teilen.
    Wie kann ich das am besten realisieren.
    Die einzigste Lösung die mir einfällt, ist ein portforwarding.
    Den port würde ich bei bedarf in der fritzbox aktivieren.
    Aber auf welchen port muss dieser geleitet werden?
    Direkt auf webif 80?
    Oder muss ich zuvor noch ein tool installieren?
  • New

Hello everyone,

I have a question about the frequency of the "CRONT-APT" eMail that OMV is sending out.

I have enabled the notification settings for "Software Updates", so that OMV will send me an eMail whenever there are updates available.
    I now get these eMails twice every single night (onc CRON-APT seems to run around 00:30 and one around 04:30).

Is there any way (besides probably messing around in the crontabs directly) to change the frequency of these eMails ?
    I would like to receive them once a week on a specific day at a specific time, so that I can plan for the implementation of the updates upfront.

Thank you!
  • New

I have a RAID 1 enclosure that's encrypted using Veracrypt. I connected it to a RPI2b running OMV. I ssh'd into the Pi and mounted the encrypted device at /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Data. The volume is formatted with exfat and is labeled Data. The problem I'm having is that I can't create a SMB share on it. When I go to the add share panel there is no entry for this device in the Device dropdown menu.
    The device is listed on the Disks page and the file system is listed on the File Systems page with the device shown as /dev/dm-0. I am able to cd into the volume with ssh. How do I create a share on this volume?

Thanks
  • New

I have five disks inside a HDD enclosure (ORICO DS500U3) plugged on one USB 3.0 port of my RPi 4. Four of them are 3.5" HDDs, and one of them is an 2.5" SSD.

I have several shared folders created from the HDDs, no problem here. However, I can't create a shared folder from my SSD, because it does now show up in the dropdown list.

The SSD was previously wiped and formatted (EXT4) through OMV GUI. I can mount it through the GUI, and I can access it through SSH/SFTP using WinSCP. The only thing I can't do with it is creating a shared folder.

I'd appreciate any help, thanks.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Portainer: Much Ado About Nothing

Huberer

externer Zugriff auf Ordner

Mini PC OMV NAS : KODLIX GN41 (OMV power consumption record in the PC category ?)

kirkdis

Problem install OMV4 Raspberry Pi 4

Adoby

Change frequency of "CRON-APT completed on" eMails ?

Recent Activities

• Huberer -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Portainer: Much Ado About Nothing.

As I can see the port of SqueezeboxServer can also changed too. So it would be better to adopt the needed containers and not portainer Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
  • lexnared -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x externer Zugriff auf Ordner.

Thread
    Hallo zusammen, ich würde gerne von extern auf meine Ordner zugreifen. Könnt ihr eine app für Android empfehlen? Eine VPN zu meiner fritzbox, habe ich schon bereits eingerichtet. Ab und an würde ich auch gerne mal einen Ordner mit freunden…
  • I had similar values with my old, cheap energymeter. After reviewing a few from friends I realized that the Voltcraft meters are quite accurate. At the moment I have 2 Voltcraft SEM6000 and one different older model which in my opinion report reasonable…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Problem install OMV4 Raspberry Pi 4.

Quote from jsis83: “I have tested at work and the process has worked correctly. I don't understand why it fails in my house. My router assigns ip by dhcp without problems to all my devices (more than 20)... ” No, it doesn't. It fails in at least one…
  • raisOr -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Change frequency of "CRON-APT completed on" eMails ?.

Thread
    Hello everyone, I have a question about the frequency of the "CRONT-APT" eMail that OMV is sending out. I have enabled the notification settings for "Software Updates", so that OMV will send me an eMail whenever there are updates available. I now get…
  • geaves -

Quote from jsis83: “I have tested at work and the process has worked correctly. I don't understand why it fails in my house. My router assigns ip by dhcp without problems to all my devices (more than 20)... ” It's assigning an ip at home as you can…
  • jsis83 -

I have tested at work and the process has worked correctly. I don't understand why it fails in my house. My router assigns ip by dhcp without problems to all my devices (more than 20)...
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Update Issues Upgrading from 3.x --> 5.0 (beta).

Quote from KJaneway: “But for some reason, the OMV5 UI (and blkid command) don't recognize the remaining 5 data partitions. ” That didn't make sense to me, looking at the two images I'm assuming OMV sees them under Storage -> Disks. Let's look at…
  • KJaneway -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Update Issues Upgrading from 3.x --> 5.0 (beta).

Thank you for the replies. I agree the word "Update" is a bit confusing. Indeed I did a fresh install of OMV5 to a new SSD. My old OMV3 was also on another SSD. No Raids included. I only used the snapraid plugin for the data drives. All drives are EXT 4…
  • Quote from stephane: “I think we have here the lowest PC electric consumption of the OMV forum ? ” No. I think we have the most inaccurate power measurement of the OMV forum. ;) A AC power supply and a simple AC power meter can give wildly wrong…