openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

My system has 2 network adapters - onboard realtek (eno1) and pcie dual port intel (enp6s0f0 and enp6s0f1). I use ip on eno1 for WebUI so there is almost no traffic, and I have a an ip camera configured to store video to the ip of enp6s0f0 which transfers about 5Mbs. But graphs in omv performance statistics (and also values shown by saidar) show traffic values the other way round. Report tab shows everything as it should be in network interfaces section, I can also see opened connection from the camera to ip of correct NIC. So - any reason why that may be?
  • New

Fresh Install. Boots up to a login text screen asking for Login and Password. Nothing is working. Keeps telling me to use the default web control panel administrator account. User name : admin Password: openmediavault

Tried that , admin and root password from set up...everything. all fail. Anything I am missing here?
  • New

Hi,

I want to install OMV on a Dell PowerEdge R510 with Broadcom network cards.

Debian 9 and 10 does have problems with the Broadcom network cards.
    I tried the ISO which does already include the firmware files in /firmware.
    The network cards are detect from installer, but no network connection is possible.

Should the firmware get automatically loaded when booting the Debian or OMV installer, or do i still have to manually install the driver from the usb drive?
    How can i check what is going on with the network cards inside busybox?

Can i install OMV without internet connection?
    It seams the installer won't pass the archive mirror options without internet connection...
  • New

Hi Guys,

I have a weird one. I have a movie folder which is shared. Permissions set to everyone and works great. Have sonarr move completed downloads to this folder and works. But after a day or so, sometime a week, this folder will randomly lose its permissions and get set to read only.
    When I try reset the permissions with the resetperm plugin it will fail, then I reboot my OMV server, reset permissions again then it succeeds. Then the folders permissions will be fine for a couple of days then at random become read only again. This is super annoying and just cant figure out what would cause the folder to lose its permissions and become read only.

Any suggestions would be of great assistance,

Regards

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

OMV4 to OMV5 with Plex

macom

Fresh install problems

Plex Plugins Help

macom

Newbie build on Raspberry PI4

macom

All folders are read-only

Zabuza825

Recent Activities

• macom -

Replied to the thread OMV4 to OMV5 with Plex.

Quote from Kai: “Am I correct in considering the right/preferred move by moving up to OMV5? ” Yes. I use it on both of my system. Works fine. Also Aaron is recommending it. Quote from Kai: “I would imagine if something fails I could just plug back…
  • 22740 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Fresh install problems.

I have downloaded the users guide and will reference. Thanks a bunch!!
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Plex Plugins Help.

Have a look at the user guide which is linked in my signature. There you will find how to use ssh. And then: support.plex.tv/articles/20118…anually-install-a-plugin/
  • Kai -

Quote from macom: “You can create the shared folders and point them to the existing folders on the drive. So in the GUI of OMV you have to set up everything from scratch. But you can use the data from the existing drives. It is helpful to make…
  • 22740 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Fresh install problems.

Thanks for the help, new to Linux and servers... so forgive my naivety but you have to start somewhere. Was able to log in to the web interface from another terminal. What is the black and white terminal login for and how do you log in? admin and…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Newbie build on Raspberry PI4.

Also have a look at rsnapshot. It creates snapshot of your filesystem so you can go back in time and restore previous versions. There is a plugin available for rsnapshot.
  • Zabuza825 -

Replied to the thread All folders are read-only.

Quote from KM0201: “That doesn't really matter, depending on how your services are mapped. Can you post a pic of your jellyfin volume settings. ” I was about to do as you said. I had turned off my server for the night because I wasn't using it at…
  • macom -

Quote from Kai: “is there a way to just use the new OMV5 install to connect with the current file system located and serving from a single 4TB hard drive. ” You can create the shared folders and point them to the existing folders on the drive. So in…
  • Visnah -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Make SabNZBd use VPN-tunnel of haugene/transmission-openvpn?.

I could never type that directly into Omv. In the Cli it goes with the parameter -net=container:containervpn for Sabnzbd like this docker run -d --name=sabnzbd_VPN \ --restart=unless-stopped \ --net=container:VPN \ -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) omv nas reporting 0 bytes free in windows Finder.

Maybe this is interesting for you BTRFS no space left - kernel 5.4 bug