openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

I had a 4TB external host powered USB drive (Samsung M3 portable) which I had initially configured with OMV. After having a few issues with it I shit down, removed the drive, plugged it into my Ubuntu laptop & used Gparted to format the drive with the intention of pushing my data onto it then re-adding the drive to the system.
    At the moment the drive is not attached, and it is correctly reported as missing from the storage>file systems section.
    However, my feeling is that I would like to remove anything related to this drive from OMV and when I introduce the drive again, it will look at it like a "fresh new drive".
    But, in storage>file system, if I select the drive (so it goes yellow), I do not have the ability to delete it as it is greyed out.
    Unsure how to proceed.. any ideas? Many thanks!

PS I'm new to the forum & installed OMV with tuts from "dad" and using this forum & Reddit. Thanks to everyone who contrbutes!
  • New

Hi
    I removed a user from OMV lately. Iremoved also everything else like Shares and quota too.
    Now I added a new user and want to givehim a quota.
    It fails because OMV is claiming theremoved user isn't there anymore. I looked into config.xml and found the olduser still in quota!!
    Can I remove the user and run omv-mkconffstab without risking destroying anything?
    Regards
  • New

While trying to edit permissions for a new user, I ran into an unexpected problem. The web-gui gave me an error and said that one of my disks was busy and to check journalctl -xe for further information.

In journalctl, I find these messages:

Source Code

1. /etc/monit/conf.d/openmediavault-filesystem.conf:2: Service name conflict, rootfs already defined'/'
    2. /etc/monit/conf.d/openmediavault-filesystem.conf:34: Service name conflict, mountpoint_srv_dev-disk-by-label-xx already defined ''/srv/dev-disk-by-label-xx''

I get the same message for all my disks. I tried deleting the file /etc/monit/conf.d/openmediavault-filesystem.conf and restarted monit service, but the problem persists. I have no idea as to whats causing this?
  • New

Hello,

I have to VMs which are supposed to be running the same Arrakis version but not sure why they have different kernel versions despite they have the same apt/source.list.d/ files.

One runs with 4.9.0-8-amd64 and the other with 4.19.0-0.bpo.4-amd64

dpkg -l | grep openm
    ii libopenmpt0:amd64 0.2.7386~beta20.3-3+deb9u3 amd64 module music library based on OpenMPT -- shared library
    iU openmediavault 4.1.22-1 all openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ic openmediavault-omvextrasorg 4.1.15 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault

Is there any command to force an OMV upgrade or check? or should I force the installation of one of the kernels?

MERCI
    XabiX

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Virtualbox - trying to access host so I can set up Win10 guest

muchgooder

Cannot delete removed disk from storage>file systems

Steve*

User remains in quota (config.xml) and causes error when adding new qouta

bikepope

Nach OMV Installation auf QNAP TS-209 keine Netzwerkverbindung mehr zum NAS

tkaiser

OpenVPN - can't log in

peluka82

Recent Activities

• muchgooder -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Virtualbox - trying to access host so I can set up Win10 guest.

I found another thread in this forum where a user had the same problem and fixed it by deleting the plugin (presumably there was a network setup issue). I did that and I decided to try to use the console again - finally got that to work. The new…
  • Steve* -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Cannot delete removed disk from storage>file systems.

OK so the drive is attached but I think I know what the problem is. As I was having some trouble with it, when I took it out and formatted it in Ubuntu using Gparted I didn't label the drive, so maybe the system is looking for the drive under the label…
  • bikepope -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x User remains in quota (config.xml) and causes error when adding new qouta.

When I do omv-mkconf quota I get this: quotacheck: Prüfe /dev/sdb1 [/srv/dev-disk-by-label-DataStore1] fertig quotacheck: 23639 Verzeichnisse und 137854 Dateien geprüft quotaoff: Quotavollstreckung schon deaktiviert für group auf /dev/sdd quotaoff:…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Cannot delete removed disk from storage>file systems.

Quote from Steve*: “if I go into access rights management>shared folders I can see the drive and it shows a share, but if I select it I can only edit, not delete. ” You can only delete it if the drive is attached otherwise you have to edit the…
  • Steve* -

Hi @geaves thanks for that... if I go into access rights management>shared folders I can see the drive and it shows a share, but if I select it I can only edit, not delete. Is there a way round that? Thank you!
  • geaves -

Quote from Steve*: “But, in storage>file system, if I select the drive (so it goes yellow), I do not have the ability to delete it as it is greyed out. Unsure how to proceed.. any ideas? Many thanks! ” You need to plug the drive back in to OMV,…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Nach OMV Installation auf QNAP TS-209 keine Netzwerkverbindung mehr zum NAS.

Quote from cabrio_leo: “Obwohl ich eigentlich auch einer bin, der Geräte möglichst einer Alternativnutzung zuführen möchte, wenn diese nicht mehr ganz 'up-to-date' sind. ” Geht mir genauso. Aber manchmal hilft halt alles nichts und verkaufen oder…
  • Steve* -

Here's the full error output: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; systemctl restart 'sharedfolders-M34TBGeneral.mount' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Assertion failed on…
  • Steve* -

M34TBGeneral is the name of the disk that is causing me a problem. That screenshot shoes me trying to remove my own priveleges from the disk. I've been plumbing away at this all week (not this problem, just config) and I'm Loathe to wipe and start…
  • Steve* -

This is what I get when I try to do anything: