News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Constant need to restart OMV

Error when trying to mount external NTFS drive

clifford.dalgado

OMV using a USB drive

Adoby

Cannot connect to shared folder (SMB/CIFS)

himynameis

xfce desktop via teamviewer ??

Menrad

Recent Activities

• Spectre216 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Constant need to restart OMV.

Thread
    So I have a fresh install of OMV 4 (just came from 5.0 to see if this fixed the issue). It seem that whenever I try to add a new file system, share out a new folder, or look at my RAID I just can't. The web interface just sits there spinning and never…
  • clifford.dalgado -

Replied to the thread Error when trying to mount external NTFS drive.

Cant believe it was that simple. Thanks a ton
  • clifford.dalgado -

Liked macom’s post in the thread Error when trying to mount external NTFS drive.

Like (Post)
    Quote from clifford.dalgado: “/srv/dev-disk-by-label-My Passport ” Change the label so that there is no blank in it. E.g. "My_Passport"
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV using a USB drive.

I suspect everything is fine when you login without the data drives. The problem is that you don't login as a valid user with the right password. Can you access the web gui when booting without the data drives? If so use the web gui to add some user and…
  • jollyrogr -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved [Solved]SnapRaid + Unionfilesytem + Cron = snapraid sync (scheduled to run hourly?).

Like (Post)
    He is running two parity disks. How do I know this? Two ways. He posted his disk configuration. And the current OMV SnapRAID plugin does not support split parity, and he didn't mention configuring it by hand which would be required for split parity. I…
  • jollyrogr -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved [Solved]SnapRaid + Unionfilesytem + Cron = snapraid sync (scheduled to run hourly?).

Like (Post)
    There are a few good scripts out there and I strongly suggest using one after carefully configuring it. The part of these scripts that will keep you out of trouble is the one that will refuse to run a sync if the number of missing files exceeds a user…
  • jollyrogr -

Liked crashtest’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved [Solved]SnapRaid + Unionfilesytem + Cron = snapraid sync (scheduled to run hourly?).

Like (Post)
    Quote from wepee: “The is biggest Disaster will ever happen to me ......all data previously saved on the crashed disk WILL NOT be recoverable since a SYNC command was automated at hourly interval, am I right? ” An hourly interval will not do you…
  • himynameis -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Cannot connect to shared folder (SMB/CIFS).

Thank you crashtest for your reply. I went through the steps provided in the pdf. - I set my network-settings on the windows client accordingly. - I doublechecked the workgroup name - it was already matching on both, windows-client and omv - I set the…
  • gabs247 -

Replied to the thread OMV using a USB drive.

Great I'm thinking of trying to install an earlier version, then updating once installed??? It's frustrating...what the heck is going on.
  • Menrad -

Replied to the thread xfce desktop via teamviewer ??.

Hi, Sorry for digging up that old thread, but I want to do exactly the same: access to XFCE desktop via Teamviewer. I installed and configured Teamviewer 15 within the XFCE remote desktop (didn't use the teamviewer plug in), it now see the NAS in my…