Drive Share Confusion

crashtest

OMV using a USB drive

gabs247

Nextcloud with Letsencrypt using OMV and docker-compose - Q&A

KM0201

Recent Activities

• trapexit -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Need Help with Backing Up Strategy - Plugin or Software.

Quote from vlad1966: “How does mergerfs compare in speed to RAID 0 ? ” github.com/trapexit/mergerfs#performance
  • jl524 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) VMWare and iSCSI.

ryecoaaron, Your instructions have worked for me. I am able to implement iscsi disk from win 10 and server 2012 R2 to OMV. We prefer iscsi disk rather than vhdx on smb share. Thank you!
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Drive Share Confusion.

Quote from LordoftheTechs: “I have a Seagate Personal Cloud NAS attached to my network. I see it in my OMV interface. ” It's possible, using remote mount, to mount the storage of the Seagate NAS so it "appears" to be a local filesystem on OMV. It…
  • gabs247 -

Replied to the thread OMV using a USB drive.

Ok, I bought two brand new 16GB USB drives (so that I could do a clean install and make a backup). Unfortunately, the bootable disk still won't boot...which has made me upset, I was really hoping it was a faulty USB drive. I'm really confused, so I'm…
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Nextcloud with Letsencrypt using OMV and docker-compose - Q&A.

Quote from ohiskyy: “However, still can't get it working: Nextcloud created, but I cannot access it, crome gives "connection refused error:( Port-forwarding for 443 and 80 is set for BOTH and enabled ” I had a lot of trouble with this guide for some…
  • greybeard -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread Resolved OMV 5.x (beta) ETA for OMV 5.0 - weeks, months, quarters, 2021?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from PVasileff: “are you planning porting openmediavault-transmissionbt plugin for OMV5 from OMV4 ? ” Nope. Quote from PVasileff: “people who do not want to use docker only to use tranmissionbt ” If you can come up with a good reason that…
  • David B -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread Resolved OMV 5.x (beta) ETA for OMV 5.0 - weeks, months, quarters, 2021?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from PVasileff: “are you planning porting openmediavault-transmissionbt plugin for OMV5 from OMV4 ? ” Nope. Quote from PVasileff: “people who do not want to use docker only to use tranmissionbt ” If you can come up with a good reason that…
  • nightrider -

Replied to the thread OMV Extras Install.

I did a new fresh install once again and this time it worked out ok. This time I only did OMV update under Update management tab and rebooted, nothing else. Then I installed the OMV Extras with the script. Very weird error indeed. After all OMV 5 is…
  • nightrider -

Replied to the thread OMV Extras Install.

Hi, On a fresh install I also get the exact same problem during installation of OMV Extras-> Source Code (107 lines) And when trying to activate it in GUI I get this error-> Brainfuck Source Code (49 lines)
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved [Solved]SnapRaid + Unionfilesytem + Cron = snapraid sync (scheduled to run hourly?).

He is running two parity disks. How do I know this? Two ways. He posted his disk configuration. And the current OMV SnapRAID plugin does not support split parity, and he didn't mention configuring it by hand which would be required for split parity. I…