openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

OMV noobie here and would appreciate any help. Been watching lots of @TechnoDadLife videos which are extremely helpful. Thanks so much for those.

I've got Sonarr and Transmission with VPN setup. For my system, I've got a remote mount to a NAS. I can post a file to NAS using the OMV machine via SSH with the same user that is accessing Sonarr and Transmission. Sonarr can see the files already on the NAS remote mount and I can get it to initiate a download of missing episodes. Transmission starts the download just fine and completes is. However, once the download is complete, I get the following error (**** replaces actual file name):

[Warn] ImportApprovedEpisodes: Couldn't import episode /data/completed/****/****.mkv

[v2.0.0.5338] System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/data/completed/****/****.mkv" or "/TV/****.partial~" is denied

Below is my Volumes and Binds mount section. Not sure if it's relevant, but only "/config" automatically appeared when I started…
  • New

Hilfe Hilfe
    Wie stelle ich es an, um meine Daten auf der Cloud (Openmediafault) abzulegen bzw. abzuholen. Benötige ich noch etwas ?
    Mit der Ip komme ich immer nur auf die Oberfläche von Openmedafault und kann sie konfigurien, aber das war es auch schon.

Habe dort 4 Platte a 4 TB aber nicht im Raid.
    / dev / sdb1 /
    / dev / sdc1 /
    / dev / sdd1 /
    / dev / sde1 /

Die Festplatten sind eingebunden.
    coldfire_@gmx.de
  • New

Hello, I've changed all the disk from a running server because one disk of the RAID was dead. So I buy 3 new disks and create a new RAID. Note I keep the same OS, I just remove everything using the OMV interface and create a new RAID with new ones.
    When I copy files from the other NAS to the fresh one, the server stop responding to SSH, HTTPS, SMB after a few minuts of file transfer...

My command is :
    rsync --verbose --recursive --checksum --itemize-changes --delete --progress --times --exclude '**/.recycle/**' root@othernas:/root/Save10_11_2019/Files /media/91be7395-eeaf-4239-a139-dd30cd9b62da/Files

On syslog, I see this :

Nov 13 12:48:59 onyx kernel: [ 7757.296469] r8169 0000:01:00.0: eth0: link up
    Nov 13 12:49:00 onyx kernel: [ 7757.328413] r8169 0000:01:00.0: eth0: link up
    Nov 13 12:49:00 onyx kernel: [ 7757.364473] r8169 0000:01:00.0: eth0: link up
    Nov 13 12:49:00 onyx kernel: [ 7757.396412] r8169 0000:01:00.0: eth0: link up
    Nov 13 12:49:00 onyx kernel: [ 7757.432475] r8169…

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Snapraid Disaster?

crashtest

Error when try to pull image

Sharifin

Remote Mount NFS Support in OMV 5?

• seed
  • seed

FreeFileSync / RealTimeSync in OpenMediaVault?

Adoby

Main disk disappeared from the list of physical devices after OMV update

aoleg

Recent Activities

• crashtest -

Replied to the thread Snapraid Disaster?.

Make sure your regular boot drive (the SSD) is not connected: If you built without data drives, without the data drives inserted, boot into OMV and on the command line run: grub update This should fix the initramfs issue. (If you need more info, or…
  • Sharifin -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Error when try to pull image.

thank you. manually setting the time and apt-clean. Fixed the issue
  • seed -

Posted the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Remote Mount NFS Support in OMV 5?.

Thread
    Is there anyway to mount remote NFS shares on OMV 5?
  • curious1 -

Replied to the thread Snapraid Disaster?.

Quote from crashtest: “Once you have OMV4 running on a USB stick and log in ” Just a quick update. I had some trouble getting the OMV4 bootable on a stick, but finally got there. Without drives attached, had Array errors and then it sent me…
  • Chikorita -

Liked crashtest’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) core Installing OMV5 on Raspberry PI's & Armbian Supported SBC's.

Like (Post)
    (Updated 16 Oct 19) This guide is for installing OMV5 on Armbian Buster amd Raspbian Buster Lite images. Please note that OMV5, on SBC's, is still in a BETA stage. ("BETA" means problems and issues should be expected - backing up data is recommended.) …
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread FreeFileSync / RealTimeSync in OpenMediaVault?.

Might work OK. Might slow things down. Might cause a small thermonuclear detonation. Try it... If it is for backup snapshots, I'd just use rsync in a script. Triggered by cron or by inotify-tools. github.com/WikiBox/snapshot.sh But I don't know what…
  • aoleg -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Main disk disappeared from the list of physical devices after OMV update.

I am aware of the correct name schema for sata devices. In my case, OMV is installed on a single-disk WD My Cloud Home, which combines excellent hardware with unspeakably bad software. The device in question requires this exact naming scheme (and this…
  • Rd65 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Main disk disappeared from the list of physical devices after OMV update.

SATA - /dev/sdX SSD - /dev/sdX SCSCi - /dev/sdX IDE - /dev/hdX even a usb3 mounted 8tb disk will be shown as /dev/sdX Brainfuck Source Code (31 lines)
  • Rd65 -

Liked votdev’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Main disk disappeared from the list of physical devices after OMV update.

Like (Post)
    This is not a common device name schema for SATA devices, so it is not implemented in the backend. If you can point me to an official kernel documentation that this is common, then it's no problem to implement and support that device name schema.