Clonezilla - Use eXtplorer for set up "backup" directory ? ?

• I want to test the clonezilla plugin as described in the guide from tekbb. Headless Backup of the System Drive with Clonezilla

Instead of entering those endless commands ( f.i. root@omv:/media/89cc2475-6cea-480c-a1bf-7739ce10e83e# mkdir backups ) via CLI
    I ask why not do it via the eXtplorer plugin in the Web Interface of OMV ? ? I'm not familiar with those crypted HD names .

Result should be the same, but more comfortable, or not ? ? ? ? ?

• Anyone using linux should try to improve their command line.

What do you mean by reference???
    If you want to see what partition belongs to which UUID you can use:
    df -h

sda and sdb are devices and not the file system. The file system is assigned a UUID and would be sda1 or sdb1.

• Anyone using linux should try to improve their command line.

What do you mean by reference???
    If you want to see what partition belongs to which UUID you can use:
    df -h .

As a windows user I use linux too seldom. And sometimes the abbreviations of the CLI command are so short that I have often no correlation yet. looking for a good listing with
    the correct abbreviations. I learned meanwhile df = disk free, du= disk usage, ls= list, mkdir=make directory and some more.....

btw: Couldn't create "backups" with eXtplorer yet, seems that I've no rights, but succeed with CLI !

• If you want to do it with a file manager use webmin. There is a new web based, no java, file manager in webmin now called filemin.

cd /opt

Code
    wget http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/webadmin/webmin_1.770_all.deb

dpkg -i web (then press TAB and then hit ENTER).

After install there will be some dependency issues. This will fix it:
    apt-get -f install

Then access at:
    https://ipofyouromv:10000

Then file manager is under "Others" and then click on "File Manager".

• You don't need to add it with webmin. It will upgrade automatically once installed. Well not exactly auto but you get notification in webmin and can do there or in command line apt-get upgrade.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why do you not want to delete apt.conf?

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.2

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why did you rename it? You don't need it and don't have to worry about removing the file before upgrading to omv 2.x. Keeping a file with the keyword stable in it is more dangerous than removing it. If you are truly that paranoid (even though you are being told you can remove it), move it to the /root/ directory. If apt reads the file and upgrades you to stable = jessie, you will have to reinstall.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.2

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!