Request: Remember WebGUI login

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "votdev"

I hope ExtJS4 will support this without dirty hacks. What is a useable max. timeout value? I think 5 minutes without doing something is already too much.

I tend to agree. 5-10min max for me. Really there shouldn't be much reason for the webUI to be open, unless you're performing some administrative task, which under most circumstances shouldn't take that long (once the NAS is set up).

I can't really understand why someone would open the webUI, and just leave it open for no apparent reason.

• I've got settings on 15min now. 5 minutes just wasn't enough for me cause I need to lookup all kind of information on how all these great features work. :)

If you don't wan't system timeout to happen, you can go to System information under Diagnostics. Timeout will not occur when you'r viewing some chart.
    (at least not on given timeout setting, and after a quick test it didn't timeout after 30 min)

Ability is nothing without opportunity.

• Zitat von "KM0201"

I can't really understand why someone would open the webUI, and just leave it open for no apparent reason.

So don't give anyone the option? How about we leave that choice up to the person running it? I'd be happy with a check box that just leaves me logged in until I log out.

Recently switched from OMV running a RAID1 to a RAID10. While I copied data back to the array, I wanted to watch and monitor things. Thankfully, when on a page that refreshes itself, it tends to stay logged in. But several times I had to log back in because I forgot to leave it on one of those pages while I stepped away. It was a bit of pain, not earth shattering though.

• I would recommend to make the time to users option (whatever he wants). If set to 0, it will never expire.

There is no need to protect people and the default should be something like 15 minutes. However if a user wants to turn it of, that is their choice, not mine. But prohibiting it at all, is not Unix like. Give users a choice and let them get attacked on their own.

Everything is possible, sometimes it requires Google to find out how.

• I agree with you SerErris the 0 option never expire should be there, why would you even want a timeout on this, if i want to protect my weblogins and move away from my desk i lock my OS, i hate having to login to 10 different pages again because it timed out when having a coffee.

• Zitat von "ArmandH"

Seems in the latest update this is fixed :D great

"Setting session timeout to 0 in the ‘System | General Settings | Web Administration’ page sets the session timeout to unlimited."

I use the 0.4.6 and it does not work ! ? I thought I had the latest version, bcs reinstalled OMV online this morning ?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!