OMV 3.0.64 on XU4 not booting up?

• Offizieller Beitrag

have you reupped a new 3.0 image? or

Nope. I can't replicate your problems. So, I don't know what to fix. I guess I will try unplugging it from my network to see if it boots.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi,

i can report the same boot problem with omv 3.064. Version 2.xx was running successful. The boot problem exists with SD and eMMC cards. I used 7Zip to unzip and Win32imager to write on SD and eMMC card, both on Win8.1

• Offizieller Beitrag

i can report the same boot problem with omv 3.064. Version 2.xx was running successful. The boot problem exists with SD and eMMC cards. I used 7Zip to unzip and Win32imager to write on SD and eMMC card, both on Win8.1

I guess I will have to try writing the card with Windows. I normally use dd on Linux.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

• Offizieller Beitrag

The odroid won't boot.

It won't boot at all? It would be nice if someone testing this image (other than me) had the serial cable to give me more info.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Downloaded my own image from sourceforge on Windows. Extracted with 7-zip. Wrote to different SD card than usual with win32diskimager. Booted just fine in all three of my XU4s without a network connection. Really mystified why this isn't working on your XU4s.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just uploaded a 3.0.65 with a few minor change. It requires a 8 GB SD card and doesn't resize the third partition (to eliminate resizing causing problems).

• The new images works perfect with a 16GB eMMC card. The 8GB eMMC has "not enough space", Windisk32imager is reporting this.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The 8GB eMMC has "not enough space", Windisk32imager is reporting this.

Good to hear that it works with eMMC. The 8GB eMMC must be just a hair smaller than my 8 GB SD card. If you write it with dd and resize the third partition with gparted-live, it should still work fine. Or you could write the image to the 16 GB eMMC and shrink the third partition a bit (with gparted-live). Then clone it to the 8 eMMC.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!